Up to $80,000 funding is available from Men’s Shed Program across the state for local community groups to build new or refurbish an existing men’s sheds.
Men’s Shed Program
Men’s Shed Program is safe and practical places for men to meet, make social connections and actively participate in their local communities.
- are generally not-for-profit organisations whose primary activity is the provision of a safe and friendly environment which is accessible to all men
- are often located in a workshop space in a community-based setting
- provide a place for regular contact between men and a range of activities that are determined by the participants
- partner with other organisations to share resources and build on existing services, and many undertake projects to assist the wider community. Partnerships can involve local businesses, councils, other government agencies, community groups, Aboriginal community controlled organisations and local clubs and associations
- are supported by volunteers and are accessible and inclusive spaces.
The Victorian Government has announced the 2019-20 Men’s Shed funding round providing up to $882,000 for grants that can be used to build new men’s sheds or to refurbish existing men’s sheds. Eligible men’s shed groups can apply for a grant of up to $80,000.
Under the 2019-20 funding round, men’s shed groups can apply for a grant for the:
- construction of a new men’s shed
- replacement, extension or refurbishment of an existing shed.
Victorian Local Government Authority’s (LGA’s) and Incorporated not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply for this funding.
Not-for-profit organisations who apply must have a legal status (Victorian Incorporation) and an Australian Business Number (ABN).
If a not-for-profit organisation would like to apply but is not incorporated, and, or does not have an ABN they will need to have an auspice organisation agree to manage the grant on their behalf.
Applications close 23 July 2019.
Latest Grant Recipients
- Anglesea and District Men’s Shed
- Bairnsdale Men’s Shed
- Ballarat East Community Men’s Shed
- Clunes Men’s Shed
- Cobram Men’s Shed
- Darebin Community Health Service Men’s Shed
- Euroa Men’s Shed
- Harrow Men’s Shed
- Heathcote Men’s Shed
- Kerang Men’s Shed
- Keysborough Learning Centre for Keysman Men’s Shed
- Kinglake Ranges Men’s Shed
- Kooweerup Men’s Shed
- Leongatha Men’s Shed
- Linton and District Men’s Shed
- Mallee District Aboriginal Services Aboriginal Elders (Marli Yaparra) Men’s Shed
- Mansfield Men’s Shed
- New Peninsula Men’s Shed Mt Martha
- Penshurst Men’s Shed
- Robinvale-Euston Men’s Shed
- Rochester Community House Men’s Shed
- Rowville Men’s Shed
- Rutherglen Men’s Shed
- Sale Men’s Shed
- Simpson and District Community Centre Men’s Shed
- The Pines Men’s Shed
- Trentham and Districts Men’s Shed
- Vermont Men’s Shed
- Wangaratta Men’s Shed