What is Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund?
The Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund (MCIF) is a grant for multicultural communities across Victoria to support upgrades to community facilities. The program aims to support Victoria’s diverse communities to feel connected with their traditional culture and identity by increasing the safety, accessibility and condition of existing community facilities.
The MCIF is for small capital infrastructure projects which will be completed within 12 months of being funded. Projects must be finalised by 31 May 2021.
The objectives of the Multicultural Community Infrastructure Fund are:
- to support and improve Victoria’s multicultural facilities to ensure communities can meaningfully celebrate, preserve and share their traditions
- to help upgrade facilities that will be home to cross-cultural partnerships and activities that enhance social cohesion within Victoria
- better, more secure, safe, accessible and higher quality multicultural community facilities.
Grants range from $10,000–$100,000.
Works on an existing community facility like:
- maintenance— painting, tiling or structural repairs such as roofing, plumbing or flooring works
- upgrades— kitchen or bathroom upgrades, energy efficiency improvements
- renovations— extensions or internal remodelling to improve accessibility or create new rooms, kitchen or bathroom replacement, heating and cooling systems
- security upgrades to an existing community facility which are not electronic in nature — securing doors or windows, security lighting, facade works, fencing and perimeter security
- outdoor areas – pergolas, playgrounds, fencing, garden beds
You must clearly list any assets you want to buy in the project application form. These are subject to approval by the Department.
Please note that equipment or assets cannot cost more than 40% of the grant you request.
You must be either:
- a not-for-profit entity registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic)
- a social enterprise with a clearly stated purpose or mission related specifically to supporting multiculturalism
And you must have:
- a current Australian Business Number (ABN), and
- no outstanding accountability reports or final reports required for any Multicultural Affairs-funded grants. Please email if you are unsure if your organisation is up to date.
Auspice arrangements are not permitted under this program.
Applications close 20 February 2020.