What is the Multicultural Media Grants?
The Multicultural Media Grants Program is a one-year program that delivers on a Victorian Government election commitment to support the vital role multicultural media organisations play in keeping multicultural communities informed, connected and supported.
The 2020 Multicultural Media Grants Program provides $500,000 through grants to enable multicultural and multilingual media outlets operating in Victoria to purchase or upgrade their equipment.
The program aims to support outlets to:
• extend their reach
• enhance the quality of their services, coverage or capacity
• create a greater sense of belonging and connection in multicultural communities
The program is timely in supporting multicultural media outlets through these challenging times of responding to the impacts of COVID-19.
The 2020 Multicultural Media Grants Program will comprise of two funding streams:
- a Small Grants stream for applications between $2,000 to $9,999 (excl. GST)
- a Major Grants stream for applications between $10,000 to $25,000 (excl. GST).
The 2020 Multicultural Media Grants Program will fund eligible print, radio and other electronic multicultural media outlets operating in Victoria to purchase new or upgrade equipment to meet the program objectives.
Eligible equipment could include (but is not limited to):
- Office equipment
- Webcasting or audio streaming equipment
- Satellite, portable recorders and cameras equipment
- Video editing suites
- Sound and software programs
- Computers and computer hardware
- Digital radio studio equipment
- Blogging, vlogging and podcast equipment
- Production equipment
- Printers, microphones and headphones
Any purchases or upgrades to be supported by this funding must be completed by 31 May 2021.
To apply for the program, multicultural and multilingual community media operating in Victoria must be either:
- an incorporated association (incorporated under state legislation, commonly have ‘Association’ or ‘Incorporated’ or ‘Inc.’ in their legal name)
- an incorporated cooperative (also incorporated under state legislation, commonly have ‘Cooperative’ in their legal name)
- a not-for-profit entity registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic)
- a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001
You must also have:
- a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- no outstanding accountability reports or final reports for any Multicultural Affairs funded grants
The following types of organisations are eligible for different program streams:
- Small and major grants streams – Incorporated associations or not-for-profit entities.
- Small grants stream only – Organisations which are not an incorporated association or not for profit entity (ie. your organisation is a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001).
Applications close 05 July 2020.