What is the Multicultural Media Stimulus Program?
The Multicultural Media Stimulus Program is a grant opportunity to support your multicultural media organisation recover from the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Multicultural media services are vital partners of the Victorian Government delivering up-to-date, culturally and linguistically appropriate health directions to diverse communities.
The Multicultural Media Stimulus Program aims to support the viability of the Victorian multicultural media sector as we shift toward the recovery phase from the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The key objectives of the program are to:
- support the financial viability and development needs of essential multicultural media services throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic recovery, and
- encourage adaptation in multicultural media engagement through online and digital technologies.
The Multicultural Media Stimulus Program will provide funding of up to $50,000 per organisation. Funding levels will be dependent on the organisation’s demonstrated need and ability to acquit funds by the end of the financial year.
Program funding can be used for the following:
- to support operating costs (including salaries of up to 13 weeks)
- production costs (including printing)
- equipment, and/or
- training and development costs to assist the organisation to manage the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and set them up for recovery.
Funds must be fully expended prior to 31 October 2021.
Applicants must demonstrate that equipment to be purchased through this grant is to sustain the organisation through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic recovery.
Eligible equipment may include (but is not limited to):
- office equipment
- webcasting or audio streaming equipment
- satellite, portable recorders and camera equipment
- video editing suites
- sound and software programs
- computers and computer hardware
- digital radio studio equipment
- blogging, vlogging and podcast equipment
- production equipment
- printers, microphones and headphones
It is important that your organisation meets all eligibility criteria.
Multicultural and multilingual community media organisations operating in Victoria may apply for funding under this program. Mainstream media organisations are not eligible to apply.
Your organisation must be one of the following entity types:
- incorporated associations (incorporated under state legislation, commonly have ‘Association’ or ‘Incorporated’ or ‘Inc.’ in their legal name)
- incorporated cooperatives (also incorporated under state legislation, commonly have ‘Cooperative’ in their legal name)
- a not-for-profit entity registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic)
- a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001
- Discretionary trust as defined in the ITAA 1997
To be eligible, all organisations must:
- be a Multilingual or Multicultural media organisation operating in Victoria
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN) registered as one of the above eligible entity types
- have been operating in the multicultural media space for more than 12 months
- have no outstanding accountability reports or final reports for any Multicultural Affairs grants
Both for profit and not for profit organisations are eligible to apply for funding.
Applications close 26 April 2021.