Up to $20,000 is available from Music Passport Grants to build international business opportunities and connections for the state’s music industry.
Music Passport Grants
Music Passport Grants is a competitive grants category of the Music Passport program. The program seeks to support not for profit organisations to undertake international activities that increase economic opportunities for Victoria’s contemporary popular music sector.
Music Passport will present a suite of initiatives and opportunities that will support Victoria’s music industry to establish global links, learn from the best in the world and break into new international markets.
The multifaceted program will be delivered by the Victorian Government in partnership with the Australian Independent Record Labels Association, the Association of Artist Managers, Sounds Australia and the Face the Music conference which is part of Melbourne Music Week.
- An international fellowship program for music managers and record labels, providing inviable experience for industry leaders to get on the ground international experience and make vital global business connections.
- International showcase activities and inbound trade-mission style visits which will bring international music leaders to Victoria to meet with local music representatives and explore Victoria’s music scene.
- Boosting export opportunities for Victorian artists through support for music export body Sounds Australia.
- Support for new international market development opportunities generated by the industry.
Music Passport is the latest program to come out of the Victorian Government’s $22 million four-year Music Works package, the biggest ever investment in the state’s music industry.
Music Passport Grants aims to:
- Open up new international markets or increase the market share for Victorian contemporary music.
- Create new career and business opportunities for Victorian contemporary musicians and the industry more broadly.
- Build on existing connections and programs (within and outside of the music industry) to create opportunities for Victorian musicians, music businesses and organisations.
Up to $20,000 per application.
There is a total pool of up to $100,000 over two years, with $50,000 available in this financial year (2017/18) and another $50,000 available in 2018/19. Once the annual pool is exhausted in 2017/18, there will be no further funding until next financial year.
The Music Passport Grants program is only available to not-for-profit organisations. Prospective applicants must call program staff before applying.
- Creative Victoria will only accept one application per applicant (including under auspice) in each funding cycle.
- Applicants can have only one successful application per financial year.
- Funding is not available where the project has been funded through Music Works grants already.
Applications close 30 June 2018 OR once the 2017/18 funding allocation is exhausted.