An initiative to help tourism businesses in Northern Australia to grow, be smarter and be more internationally competitive.
The Northern Australia Tourism Initiative focuses on providing business advisory support to businesses. Every business needs different support, and services will be tailored to ensure the business gets the right support at the right time.
The Northern Australia Tourism Initiative was introduced as part of the Our North, Our Future: White Paper on Developing Northern Australia. AusIndustry will deliver a range of Business Management Services to tourism businesses in northern Australia.
The Northern Australia Tourism Initiative is an expansion of the Business Management Element of the Entrepreneurs’ Programme. Tourism Businesses in Northern Australia can receive tailored advisory support from a dedicated team of expert Entrepreneurs’ Programme Business Advisers and Business Facilitators. Tourism Businesses will develop explicit plans for improvement and will be able to access limited funding to help put plans into action. By focusing on what the business needs, Business Advisers and Business Facilitators can also connect businesses to other government programmes.
Tourism businesses in Northern Australia can apply for:
- Business Evaluations
- Supply Chain Facilitation
- Growth Services
- Business Growth Grants
- Tourism Workshops
- Tourism Partnerships
To be eligible for services an applicant must:
- be an Eligible Corporation that is non tax-exempt and is registered for GST
- be located and/or have significant operations in northern Australia
- satisfy the criteria to be a Tourism Business
- have an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $750,000 and $100 million
- be solvent
- have operated in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading for at least three consecutive years
- satisfy the eligibility criteria specific to the relevant Activity and
- not be named by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an organisation that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
Application is open on an ongoing basis
- Northern Australia Tourism Initiative – Guidelines