Up to $20,000 is available from National Science Week Grants to support the delivery of science engagement activities during the National Science Week.
National Science Week Grants
The National Science Week Grants is an annual open funding round that supports the delivery of science engagement activities during National Science Week which will be held from 10 – 18 August 2019.
National Science Week is Australia’s major national celebration of the sciences in August each year. National Science Week provides high profile science engagement activities across the nation. It is also an important opportunity for the science community to celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
The Australian Government supports National Science Week in a variety of ways, including through the National Science Week Grants.
The objective of the grant is to provide nationwide science engagement activities in which the wider community can participate. It does this by:
- providing funding to eligible and meritorious high profile projects across all states and territories
- supporting projects that stimulate and leverage further contributions by organisations across Australia
- supporting projects which target new and under-served audiences
- engaging Indigenous Australians in National Science Week activities.
Funding of up to $2 million over 4 years ($500,000 each year) will be available from 2016-17 to 2019-20.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
The value of your project must exceed the grant you are seeking. You must have some additional funding or in-kind contributions to support your project.
To be eligible your Project must:
- be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week
- address one or more of the following purposes:
- draw the nation’s attention towards the Sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the Sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include Eligible Activities and Eligible Expenditure.
Your Project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia.
Applicants must be one of the following:
- an individual over 18 years of age
- an organisation with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- a Publicly Funded Research Organisation
Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project.
Applications close 20 November 2018.