What is nbn™ Grants Program
The nbn™ Grants Program is an initiative that provides funding to regional and remote digital businesses to help them drive and implement technology-led ideas and innovations.
Regional and remote communities across Australia are a priority for nbn, and in 2019 a dedicated business unit – nbn™ Regional & Remote – was created to help meet the needs of customers in rural and regional Australia, while aiming to raise the digital capability of these areas.
In 2020, nbn developed the Innovate with nbn™ Grants Program, in partnership with the Regional Australia Institute (RAI). Now in its second year, the program will again recognise and showcase regional and remote businesses, who are:
- Innovators or entrepreneurs inspiring others in their community
- Champions of digital adoption
- Continuing to facilitate the digital capabilities and benefits of the nbn™ network
- Advocates of supporting regional businesses
Through this grant program, nbn aims to encourage those businesses from regional or remote areas with their technology-led ideas, with the aim of facilitating and supporting further growth.
Applications will be accepted from businesses that:
- are connected to the nbn
- are located in regional or remote Australia
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- have an Australian bank account (corresponding to the ABN)
- are undertaking a project in one of the following categories:
- women in regional business
- Indigenous business.
Applications close 30 November 2021.