Up to $70,000 is available to help people with disabilities, their families and carers prepare for NDIS.
The NDIS Community Participation Grants is designed to enable people with disabilities, together with their families and other unpaid carers to prepare for and connect to the NDIS through engaging the services of a planner.
Ahead of joining the NDIS, a planner can assist future participants to identify whole of life goals and aspirations, identifying sustainable informal networks and to exercise choice in relation to the supports and services they will need as part of their NDIS package.
The ACT NDIS Taskforce is pleased to announce the final round of NDIS Community Participation Grants Program (Program). These grants are funded by the Commonwealth Government’s NDIS Sector Development Fund to support the preparation of the ACT community for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The grants will enable people with disabilities, their families and other unpaid carers to prepare for the NDIS by participating in events or activities that could:
- Provide opportunities to identify whole of life goals and aspirations
- Establish sustainable informal networks
- Exercise choice and control in relation to the supports and services they have engaged to assist them to work toward those plans
The grants can also be used to cover some of the costs associated with support services (including respite) needed to take part.
The NDIS Community Participation Grants aims to support:
- People with disability who are likely to be NDIS participants and
- Community based organisations.
Grants are also available to support organisations to host NDIS pre-planning workshops targeted to small to medium sized groups of people with disability who have not yet phased into the Scheme; and require assistance to undertake that transition.
Total funding of $100,000 is available in 2016.
- Participant grants up to $1,000 (GST ex). A maximum of $70,000 [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][GST ex] available to participants.
- Organisational grants up to $10,000 (GST ex). A maximum of $30,000 [GST ex] available to organisations.
People with a disability who are likely to be NDIS participants may apply for an individual grant to:
- Engage a facilitator to help identify life goals, supports and services in preparation to joining NDIS.
Organisations are able to apply for a Grant to:
- Deliver an event to assist:
- likely NDIS participants ahead of their NDIS planning meeting
- families and other unpaid carers of potential NDIS participants preparing for the NDIS.
Requests that reflect culturally sensitive approaches are encouraged.
Applicants for participant grants must be:
- An ACT resident; and
- likely to be an NDIS participant and/or
- an individual who has not yet commenced the planning process with the NDIA
Applicants may only receive this grant once in 2016.
If an applicant received a 2015 NDIS Community Participation Grant for NDIS pre-planning, they will not be eligible to apply for a 2016 NDIS Community Participation Grant. This is due to the high demand for NDIS pre-planning support and to ensure equity of access for all potential NDIS participants.
If an applicant received a 2015 NDIS Community Participation Grant to attend an NDIS education conference or event and has not yet transitioned to the Scheme, they may apply for NDIS pre-planning support through the 2016 NDIS Community Participation Grants.
If a 2015 grant recipient has transitioned to the NDIS and requires additional life planning resources or support they can contact “Your Voice, Your Choice – Good Life Planning”
Applicants who have received and not acquitted previous ACT Government grants including the Enhanced Service Offer (ESO) will not be allocated 2016 Participant Grants.
Applicants for organisational grants must:
- Demonstrate the organisation will be able to deliver an event before 1 June 2016 which will target likely ACT NDIS participants who have not yet phased to the Scheme and assist them to prepare for their NDIS planning meeting.
Organisations may only receive this grant once in 2016.
Organisations which received a 2015 Community Participation Grant are able to apply for a 2016 grant.
Applications close 13 June 2016.
Grants may close if funds are allocated before the closing date.