Up to $70,000 is available to help people with disabilities, their families and carers prepare for NDIS.
The NDIS Community Participation Grants is designed to enable people with disabilities, together with their families and other unpaid carers to prepare for and connect to the NDIS through engaging the services of a planner.
Ahead of joining the NDIS, a planner can assist future participants to identify whole of life goals and aspirations, identifying sustainable informal networks and to exercise choice in relation to the supports and services they will need as part of their NDIS package.
The ACT NDIS Taskforce is pleased to announce the final round of NDIS Community Participation Grants Program (Program). These grants are funded by the Commonwealth Government’s NDIS Sector Development Fund to support the preparation of the ACT community for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The grants will enable people with disabilities, their families and other unpaid carers to prepare for the NDIS by participating in events or activities that could:
- Provide opportunities to identify whole of life goals and aspirations
- Establish sustainable informal networks
- Exercise choice and control in relation to the supports and services they have engaged to assist them to work toward those plans
The grants can also be used to cover some of the costs associated with support services (including respite) needed to take part.
The NDIS Community Participation Grants aims to support:
- People with disability who are likely to be NDIS participants and
- Community based organisations.
Grants are also available to support organisations to host NDIS pre-planning workshops targeted to small to medium sized groups of people with disability who have not yet phased into the Scheme; and require assistance to undertake that transition.
Total funding of $100,000 is available in 2016.
- Participant grants up to $1,000 (GST ex). A maximum of $70,000