Up to $50,000 is available from Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund to help charities generate fundraising income of their own.
Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund
The Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund supports charities who receive little or no government funding and aren’t big enough to generate significant fundraising income of their own. These organisations invest in projects that will improve the lives of Victorian communities.
The Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund supports local charities and programs that deliver sustainable benefits to Victorian communities. The Fund allocates cash grants in funding rounds with a focus on charities that receive little or no government funding.
Since launching in March 2013, the Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund has donated more than $1,600,000 to charities across Victoria. With the generosity of Bank of Melbourne partners, suppliers, customers and dedicated staff, we have been able to grant funds to over 70 Victorian charities. Every dollar we receive is given straight back to these charities who are improving the lives of Victorians. Because we can all make a difference in our local communities.
Charities may apply for grants of up to $50,000.
To be eligible for funding, your organisation must:
- be located in Victoria
- be focussed on helping neighbourhoods and local communities
- provide a minimum of 12 months’ worth of audited financials
- have an annual gross revenue of less than $3 million
- receive less than 40% of your income from recurrent state, federal or local government funding (unless you have an income less than $1million per annum, in which case your Government funding can exceed 40%)
- be endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1936.
Applications for Round 2 close 9 June 2017.