Government Grant Application Assistance
Call 1300 658 508
What is the New Energy Jobs Fund?
The New Energy Jobs Fund is a $20M initiative designed to support Victorian-based projects that create long-term sustainable jobs, increase the uptake of renewable energy generation, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and drive innovation in new energy technologies.
The fund is a key component of the $200 million Future Industries Fund to support high growth, high value industries, such as the new energy technologies sector that are critical to securing Victoria’s future as a competitive, innovative and outward looking economy.
The New Energy Jobs Fund is an initiative under the Future Industries Fund supports high growth, as part of the Victorian Government’s Back to Work Plan to create 100,000 jobs and get Victoria back to work.
The Future Industries Fund identifies six sectors which have strong growth potential, including:
- medical technologies and pharmaceuticals;
- new energy technology;
- food and fibre;
- transport, defence and construction technologies;
- international education; and
- professional services.
The Victorian Government has recently commissioned a suite of Regional Renewable Energy Roadmaps to ensure all regions of Victoria benefit from the state’s energy transition.
The New Energy Jobs Fund (NEJF) is overseen by the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change and administered by the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
In recognition of the capacity and capability constraints often faced by community centric renewable energy groups, successful applicants will also be offered the services of a mentor to assist in the delivery of their project.
The objective of New Energy Jobs Fund Round 5 is to support the delivery of implementation ready community led renewable energy project(s).
Funding (of up to $1 million) will be provided for project(s) that:
- will increase the uptake of renewable energy generation;
- consider energy justice and social benefit;
- promote community participation; and
- reduce greenhouse emissions.
The New Energy Jobs Fund Round 5 will offer $1 million in grants to assist groups develop community-led renewable energy projects, directly benefiting the local groups and associations delivering them.
The New Energy Jobs Fund Round 5 will fund the implementation of new community renewable energy projects that:
- deliver the majority of benefits to the participating community;
- utilise technology that is commercially-ready renewable energy or new energy generation, storage and technology;
- implement community energy retailing;
- align to the visions identified in the Regional Renewable Energy Roadmaps;
- are located in Victoria; and
- will be completed by 30 November 2021.
In addition to meeting the program objectives eligible organisations must:
- operate in Victoria and within the regions of:
- Barwon South West,
- Loddon Mallee,
- Hume, or
- be a not-for-profit organisation, co-operative, or social enterprise;
- be able to demonstrate that the organisation has at least three years operating history; and
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Matched funding is not required; however, applicants must have secured or have a plan to secure a cash contribution towards the project (minimum of 10%). Applications with higher funding contributions will be viewed favourably. In-kind contributions cannot exceed 15% of the budget.
- Applicants should review these guidelines to confirm their eligibility.
Applications close 18 June 2020.
Government Grant Application Assistance
Call 1300 658 508
New Energy Jobs Fund Round 3 Projects
Projects announced to date include (Further announcements in September 2018):
Regional Renewable Roadmaps – $1 million to develop a suite of Regional Renewable Roadmaps to maximise each regions opportunities to participate in and benefit from Victoria’s energy transition. These roadmaps will be developed by communities for Grampians, Loddon Mallee, Barwon South West and East Gippsland regions.
Delta Energy Systems (Australia) has been awarded $210,000 for its $969,067 project titled ‘Delta Solar Vehicle Charging, seeding a new industry in Victoria’. Delta have been developing PV electric vehicle charging prototypes since 2015 with CSIRO. Focusing on fleet, domestic and light commercial markets. This project is the final stage in the development of this technology, a successful project will bring two new charging platforms to market.
ZECO Australian Energy Solutions has been awarded $150,000 for its $490,000 project ‘Solar Owl’. The project aim is to project aim is to replace diesel light towers. The Solar Owl light towers use solar panels as the source of renewable energy and store them in pollution and maintenance free lithium-ion batteries. These units will be noise free, be more economical and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Rural City of Wangaratta has been awarded $100,000 for their $110,000 project to develop a business case for a micro-grid model for the town of Milawa. It will comprise of solar energy, energy storage and hydrogen fuel cell technology to service all Milawa energy customers.
New Energy Jobs Fund Round 2 Projects
There were 21 successful applicants under the second round of the New Energy Jobs Fund. Projects announced to date include:
|Lead Applicant||Project Description and Category||Grant and Project Value|
|RayGen Resources||Industry – Technology|
This project will include development of a 0.5MW commercial power plant in Newbridge and will support the expansion of the company’s export business. RayGen’s PV Ultra is one of the highest efficiency solar technologies commercially available, utilising tech