Up to $15,000 is available from New Market Entry to help small to medium sized export businesses to enter a new international export market.
New Market Entry
New Market Entry is a component of the SA Export Accelerator Program and provides South Australian small to medium businesses with funding to help them enter a new international export market which the business has had no direct sales in the last five years.
New Market Entry Grants provide up to $15,000 per new international market to small and medium-sized businesses. This is available to businesses that have exhausted or are not eligible for the Emerging Exporter and Export Accelerator categories.
Funding will only cover eligible costs incurred up to six months prior to, and 12 months following the closing date of the round in which the application is successful.
Funding is available for eligible activities, including:
- marketing materials
- market research
- e-commerce development
- export training and consulting
- participation in international tradeshows and trade missions
- inbound business support
- travel and accommodation costs.
Applicants can receive the grant if they meet all of the core program eligibility criteria, additionally; an applicant must also:
- Be entering a new international market (if a significant point of difference can be demonstrated between internal markets in your application it will be considered by the assessment panel).
- Have an annual turnover between $250,000 and $20 million
- Be a registered South Australian business
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia (refer to page 13 of the SAEA Program Guidelines).
- Be able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the South Australian Government
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be able to commit and contribute 1:1 matched funds towards the proposed costs
- Provide at least two sets of recent full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
Applications close 16 February 2019.