What is the North Queensland Restocking, Replanting and On-Farm Infrastructure Grants?
The North Queensland Restocking, Replanting and On-Farm Infrastructure Grants is an initiative to assist primary producers impacted by the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough.
The Australian Government is providing matched co-contribution grant funding to assist primary production enterprises impacted by the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough of 25 January – 14 February 2019, to assist in the cost of restocking lost livestock, replanting lost or damaged crops or permanent plantings, and restoring or replacing lost or damaged on-farm infrastructure.
This event was catastrophic, with estimated livestock losses of up to 500,000, and initial estimates of on-farm infrastructure damage of at least $100 million.
This scheme is funded to the amount of $300 million by the Australian Government and is being delivered by the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority (QRIDA).
The purpose of the North Queensland Restocking, Replanting and On-Farm Infrastructure Grants is to assist in restoring eligible primary production enterprises to their productive state, with respect to these items, immediately before the disaster event occurred.
Grants of up to $400,000 are available under the scheme for an eligible primary production enterprise.
Funding may be used to:
- restock lost livestock
- cover freight transport costs associated with replacing livestock
- replant lost or damaged crops or permanent plantings
- restore or replace lost or damaged on-farm infrastructure
To be eligible, you must:
- be able to demonstrate and have verified the losses suffered as a direct result from the disaster event
- be able to make the required co-contribution of cash funds to match the grant funds requested
- work most of your time and earn most of your income from your primary production enterprise
- demonstrate the ongoing viability of your primary production enterprise
- own a primary production enterprise in one of the following Local Government Area
- Burdekin Shire Council
- Burke Shire Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Charters Towers Regional Council
- Cloncurry Shire Council
- Douglas Shire Council
- Etheridge Shire Council
- Flinders Shire Council
- Hinchinbrook Shire Council
- McKinlay Shire Council
- Richmond Shire Council
- Townsville City Council
- Whitsunday Regional Council
- Winton Shire Council
Applications close 30 June 2021.