What is the North Wanneroo Water Use Efficiency Scheme?
The North Wanneroo Water Use Efficiency Grants Scheme is a program that aims to help horticultural businesses to implement approved water use efficiency and soil amelioration measures.
The purpose of the North Wanneroo Water Use Efficiency Grants Scheme is to assist primary producers with commercial horticultural businesses to implement water use efficiency measures in their businesses.
The Western Australian Government has made funds available for eligible commercial Western Australian horticultural businesses to provide rebates for a suite of water use efficiency activities.
The objective of the North Wanneroo Water Use Efficiency Grants Scheme is to deliver productivity benefits by increasing water use efficiency, by eligible horticultural businesses obtaining written advice on any or all of the following technologies including:
- Modifications to irrigation systems that increase the application of water uniformity;
- Changing from sprinkler to drip irrigation;
- Purchase and implementation of soil and/or crop sensor technology; crop monitoring equipment and annual data hosting fees;
- Installation of protected cropping options, which may include greenhouses, glasshouses, shade houses, windbreaks, or permanent netting;
- Soil amelioration strategies and inputs.
The Western Australian Government has made a total of $500,000 available for eligible commercial Western Australian horticultural businesses.
Businesses are able to submit multiple applications, however a business may only receive up to $50,000 in total under this part of the scheme. (excluding GST).
Eligible activities for water use efficiency grants are:
- Grants to implement water use efficiency infrastructure
- Grants to implement soil amelioration activities
To be eligible to apply, you will need to demonstrate you:
- Own, share farm or lease property that you use for horticultural production in the eligible area;
- Conduct the majority of your primary production business in Western Australia;
- Operate as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company;
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and are registered for GST; and,
- Are a commercial primary production business (as defined in the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997).
To help decide whether you are eligible to apply for funds under this Scheme, you should be able to answer yes to these questions:
- I am a commercial producer with a water licence or a right to take and use water for an established horticultural business in North Wanneroo, Western Australia
- My business is conducted on land in the Carabooda, Nowergup, and Neerabup subareas of North Wanneroo.
Applications close 30 June 2022.