2011-12 Incentive Program
Funding is now available for on ground works and planning projects that contribute towards the achievement of Northern Rivers catchment targets. Applications are invited from individual landholders, groups of landholders, community volunteer groups, Natural Resource Management (NRM) organisations, Local and State government agencies.
What funding is available?
There are three Incentive Program categories of which you can apply under:
i) Plan Development Program – up to the value of $5,000 to support the development of NRM plans by a qualified provider.
ii) Small Project – up to the value of $5,000
iii) Major Project – between $5,000 and $75,000 Note: Those wishing to apply under the Major Projects must have a Recognised NRM Plan.
Select which category you are applying for and download the associated Application Form, Guidelines and the Example Workplans (Small and Major Projects only) from the links below:
Plan Development Program
- Plan Development Program Application Form (enter text by type)
- Plan Development Program Application Form (enter text by handwriting)
- Plan Development Program Guidelines
- Small Project Application Form (enter text by type) This form has been amended. If you downloaded this file prior to 12/5/11 please download again and replace.
- Small Project Application Form (enter text by handwriting) This form has been amended. If you downloaded this file prior to 12/5/11 please download again and replace.
- Small Project Guidelines
- Small Project Example Workplan
- Major Project Application Form (enter text by type) This form has been amended. If you downloaded this file prior to 12/5/11 please download again and replace.
- Major Project Application Form (enter text by handwriting) This form has been amended. If you downloaded this file prior to 12/5/11 please download again and replace.
- Major Project Guidelines
- Major Project Example Workplan – Section 1 only applications
- Major Project Example Workplan – Section 2 only applications
- Major Project Example Workplan – Section 1 and 2 applications
How much can you apply for under Major Projects?
Before deciding on the amount you want to apply for, please read the Northern Rivers CMA Agreement Guidelines to determine the type and term of the Agreement you will be required to enter into (visit http://www.northern.cma.nsw.gov.au/funding_apply.php).
Applicants can apply for either one or two year projects. Applicants can request between $5,000 and $75,000 (excluding GST) for Year One and up to 50% of the Year One amount for Year Two. The maximum amount that can be granted to a successful applicant under Major Projects is $112,500. Year Two funds will be subject to satisfactory Year One performance and the securing of additional funds by the Northern Rivers CMA.
Major Projects must demonstrate cash or in-kind contributions to both the implementation and maintenance phases of the proposal. The more the applicant and project partners contribute to the proposal, the more the proposal scores. Partners are encouraged but not compulsory. Funding from other NRM grants cannot be used as part of the Major Projects contribution.
What can you apply for?
On-ground works that will maintain or improve the condition of natural resources and that contribute to at least one Northern Rivers CMA Priority Project Activity. Year Two funds can be used for all types of on ground works providing the applicant can demonstrate that Year Two activities are crucial to the overall project and continue to address NRCMA Project Priority Activities.
Community capacity building activities that support the delivery of on-ground works and result in improved NRM knowledge, awareness and attitudinal change will also be funded.
If required, you may request funds to employ additional staff or to extend the hours of part-time employees in order to undertake the proposal’s tasks only.
What can you NOT apply for?
- Purchase of large capital items or assets (such as computer hardware and software, vehicle and media equipment etc)
What is the closing date for applications and how do I submit my application?
All applications must be received in the Grafton office by 4.00 pm Friday 10th June 2011. Applications postmarked on or after the closing date are ineligible. If you submit your application by post, allow yourself enough days for the post to be received at the Grafton office by the due date. Applications can be submitted and received by one of two methods.
Eligibility and assessment criteria apply.
Applications to the Incentive Program close Friday 10th June 2011. Applications can be hand-delivered or posted to the Grafton office, 49 Victoria Street, PO Box 618 Grafton NSW 2460 or emailed to [email protected].