Up to $150,000 is available from Heritage Grants to assist with the delivery of strategic heritage products and services that engage with the NSW community.
Heritage Grants Program
The NSW Heritage Grants Program is designed to help communities in NSW to know, value and care for their heritage.
The NSW Heritage Grants aims to recognise and protect the state’s most significant heritage places and values to ensure future generations can enjoy them.
Funding is available in the following grant streams:
- Aboriginal Heritage – up to $70,000 for projects that benefit an item of Aboriginal cultural heritage listed on the State Heritage Register or gazetted as an Aboriginal Place that have the support of the local Aboriginal community (excluding items and Places on State or Federal Government owned or managed lands).
- Major Works – up to $150,000 for owners of items listed on the State Heritage Register (excluding state and federal governments) to undertake projects that conserve, protect, maintain enhance or celebrate the item.
- Heritage Reports – up to $10,000 for owners of items listed on the State Heritage Register (excluding state and federal governments) to prepare conservation documents and management reports for the item.
- Community Heritage – Peak Organisations – up to $150,000 for peak community groups, associations or organisations to deliver engaging programs that support the protection, promotion and celebration of heritage in NSW.
- Local Heritage Places – for local government to provide support for local heritage advisors (up to $10,000 annually for 2 years), local heritage grant programs (up to $10,000 annually for 2 years) and local heritage planning studies (up to $40,000).
Applications are open year round for:
- Emergency Works – up to $10,000 for emergency works to items listed on the State Heritage Register or with a current Interim Heritage Order.
Applications are being sought from:
- Aboriginal organisations
- owners and managers of gazetted Aboriginal Places
- owners and managers of items listed on the State Heritage Register
- peak heritage organisations
- local government.
Applications close 29 November 2017.