The Innovation and Growth Fund has $170M to invest in growth and expansion stage technology companies.
OneVentures is a venture capital firm headquartered in Sydney, Australia that provides human and investment capital into high growth companies with a particular focus on transformative technologies.
The firm is particularly focused on opportunities originating in Australia which are poised to expand into the established and emerging global markets.
OneVentures invests in technology companies that serve or disrupt large high growth global markets. The firm has $170M in funds under management recently launching its new Innovation and Growth Fund II which is focused on growth and expansion stage technology companies.
OneVentures is managed by a team of Partners with a skill-set and track record ideally suited to collaboration with entrepreneurial management teams to foster growth and create value: a unique blend of highly successful entrepreneurs, technology business founders and corporate executives with a strong scientific pedigree, extensive off-shore experience and networks.
The OneVentures team is committed to deliver investor returns by applying this expertise to select portfolio companies with significant potential then accelerating their performance.
Innovation Fund (Fund I)
The OneVentures Innovation Fund is a $40M venture capital fund formed as an early stage venture capital Limited Partnership. This Fund was launched in 2010 with the Commonwealth Government committing $20M from its IIF programme and this funding matched by high net-worth wholesale investors.
Innovation and Growth Fund (Fund II)
The OneVentures Innovation and Growth Fund was launched in March 2014 with a target of $100M and reached that target in December 2015. Fund II is an early stage venture capital limited partnership backed entirely by Australian high net-worth wholesale investors.
Focusing on later stage (Series B and beyond) investments while still maintaining some investment activity in the earlier stage investments, Fund II is now screening investment opportunities where the experience of the OneVentures management team can be leveraged to accelerate value creation and company success.
Significant Investment Visa (SIV) Programme
The Significant Investor Visa (SIV) programme was revised with the announcement in May 2015 of a new complying investment framework. The new framework mandated that SIV applicants would be required to invest a minimum of $500,000 at the at time of investment in an AusIndustry registered fund(s): that is, a VCLP, ESVCLP or an Australian VC fund-of-fund as registered under the Venture Capital Act 2002. The minimum amount is expected to be increased within two years as the market responds.
OneVentures are now screening companies for OneVentures Fund II which is a Series A and beyond growth fund focusing on the technology sector. To qualify for funding, your company should meet the following criteria:
- Australian domiciled company
- OneVentures invest in technology companies from many sectors, but they are particularly interested in companies from the following sectors: healthcare, education, mobile, media, cloud computing and data, security and privacy, machine learning, software, sensors and robotics or food security
- If a life sciences company, your product should have a strong proof of concept and be at a minimum, in a late stage clinical trial and/or well progressed through the regulatory process
- If from another sector, your company should be generating sustainable revenue and have a strong market validation
- Approaching profitability with capital required to fuel growth and global expansion
OneVentures is not at this time accepting new capital commitments and is therefore not in a position to receive funding from individual SIV applicants. When this situation changes we will provide details here and on the AVCAL website.
OneVentures are however receiving proposals from SIV Fund of Funds interested in becoming a OneVentures SIV partner for 2016 and beyond. If you represent a Fund of Funds and meet the following criteria, you may submit a brief proposal for their consideration:
- You should have a track record in servicing SIV applicants
- You should have an established Australian AML/CTF KYC compliance framework that OneVentures can rely on in accepting SIV funding
- You should be an AusIndustry compliant fund of funds structure – OneVentures will not accept direct investment from individual SIV applicants at this stage
- You should have a fund of funds structure that can invest the capital for up to 10 years in line with our funding cycle
Your proposal should address those key criteria and provide information about:
- The Directors
- The Management Team
- Your track record in providing SIV applicants with a return on investment
- How you will ensure AML/CTF KYC compliance including details of any external providers that support this process
- Details of any relevant reporting and financial operational requirements we should consider
- Your ability to source capital and the % of SIV market you currently hold/expected quantum of capital you would be looking to deploy p.a. to VC