Up to $50,000 is available for councils to improve or upgrade infrastructure in existing retail precincts.
The OurStreet program is available to councils across Victoria to improve and upgrade capital infrastructure in local shopping precincts. It supports councils to make these areas more attractive and welcoming for both local residents and visitors, stimulating the local economy with greater shopping activity.
The OurStreet program projects must meet one or more of the below objectives. Through the improvement and beautification of strip shopping precincts, funded projects will:
- improve the physical amenity of local shopping precincts;
- encourage greater patronage of local strip shopping precincts through the creation of attractive, user-friendly spaces;
- support increased commercial and community activity in the local area; and
- help deliver economic benefits through new investment, jobs growth and thriving local communities.
Matched grants of up to $50,000 are available to Victorian municipal councils. One grant is available per council over the life of the program.
The OurStreet program will fund the development and installation of capital works and physical infrastructure that improve the attractiveness and amenity of strip shopping centres. Grants will support projects that identify and respond to the needs of the local community.
While multiple project locations may be included in one application, the assessment criteria must be addressed for each location and the budget relating to each site must be made clear.
Projects focused on the implementation of capital improvement works will be considered as having greater merit than projects focused on the associated consultancy services (e.g. urban design consultant, landscape architect).
Examples of eligible OurStreet projects include, but are not limited to:
- lighting systems that enhance local character and attractiveness
- public art
- flagpoles and banners
- gardens and planter boxes
- rubbish bins
- public seating
- water fountains
- amenities blocks
- visitor information or other signage
Applications for OurStreet grants are open only to Victorian councils.
Non-compliance with previous Department of State Development, Business and Innovation (DSDBI) or other Government funding agreements may affect an applicant’s eligibility to access funding under the OurStreet program.
To be announced