What is the Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package Business Grants?
The Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package Business Grants is a grant opportunity to support businesses adapt to outdoor dining and entertainment, helping move the indoor dining and cafe experiences Victorians love, outdoors.
The $58 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package business grants help businesses adapt their operations to outdoor dining. Grants are available to licensed and unlicensed hospitality businesses, including restaurants, cafes, pubs/taverns, bars, clubs and takeaway food venues.
Funds can be used to pay for practical things like umbrellas, outdoor furniture, screens and other equipment. This will help move the indoor dining and cafe experiences Victorians love, outdoors.
Recipients can also use grants for training, marketing and other costs of adapting new, expanded or enhanced outdoor dining.
Grants of $5,000 are available for eligible hospitality businesses to support them to move to outdoor dining.
Grant funds can be used by businesses for expenditure directly related to safe outdoor dining including, but not limited to:
- equipment to enable outdoor dining, for example:
- new and/or replacement tables and chairs
- safety barriers and screens
- outdoor umbrellas
- advertising hoardings and A-frames
- digital technology to support COVID Safe operations.
- minor electrical upgrades (for example, installation of outdoor power points)
- installation of outdoor lighting
- minor works such as improving access to an outdoor seating area or installing in ground sleeves to lock down/secure barriers, umbrellas and advertising hoardings
- costs associated with obtaining necessary permits and licences for outdoor dining
- costs associated with obtaining or extending insurances to enable outdoor dining
- training of owners and staff to adapt to COVID-19 operating environment
- marketing to promote outdoor dining.
To be eligible for a grant under the Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package, applicants must:
- operate a business with premises located in Victoria, but not the City of Melbourne (businesses within the City of Melbourne should apply to the Melbourne City Recovery Fund and other business support programs)
- operate from commercial premises (residential and mobile premises are not eligible for this grant)
- be an employing business registered with WorkSafe Victoria operate a licensed or unlicensed restaurant, cafe, pub/tavern, bar, club or takeaway food venue
- provide details of relevant permits and licences, such as:
- a valid Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic) issued by a local council and valid in 2020 if the business serves food to patrons; or
- a relevant liquor licence if a business serves alcohol without food service (e.g. a cellar door or wine bar); or
- a Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration under the Food Act 1984 (Vic) and the relevant Liquor Licence if the business serves both food and alcohol to patrons
- operate a designated space on premises for customers to receive food or alcohol service as at 13 September 2020
- have access to outdoor areas that the business proposes to use for new, expanded or enhanced outdoor dining and food service
- hold or have applied for the relevant permits for expanded or enhanced outdoor dining and food service
- obtain all relevant permits and licences before starting or expanding its outdoor dining and entertainment operations
- have an annual payroll of up to $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 13 September 2020 hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN as at 13 September 2020 be registered with the responsible federal or state regulator
- commit to spending at least $5,000 (exclusive of GST) to activate outdoor dining at their premises.
Applications will remain open until funds are exhausted or until 11 December 2020, whichever is earlier.