$1.5M fund that provides support to multicultural organisations to strengthen communities.
The PMO Grants Program aims to support the core operations, program development, and/or strategic planning activities of peak multicultural organisations with a particular focus on rural and regional Victoria.
The PMO Grants Program aims to support the core operations, program development, and/or strategic planning activities of peak multicultural organisations with a particular focus on rural and regional Victoria to:
- increase the scope and reach of their services;
- improve the quality and responsiveness of service provision, advice and information to existing and new and growing communities with the aim of improving settlement outcomes;
- increase capacity in the provision of relevant, responsive and timely advice to government in meeting the needs of Victoria’s culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities;
- leverage funding from other sources, thus building long-term sustainability of the organisation; and/or
- undertake innovative approaches to current issues facing CALD communities.
Priority is given to rural and regional Victoria.
Priority is given to applications demonstrating how to address the needs of migrant and refugee women, young people, established and new and emerging communities and to Victoria’s growth areas.
The total budget for the Program is $1.5 million over two years for 2013-14 and 2014-15. Successful applicants will receive funding over the two year period; total funds of up to $150,000 per applicant are available.
Community organisations and non-profit organisations representing CALD communities can apply for funding. Organisations must be incorporated under the Australian Corporations Act or as an Association under the Associations Incorporation Act and have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
The funding is for peak multicultural organisations with a particular focus on rural and regional Victoria.
In order to be considered, a peak multicultural organisation must represent Victoria’s CALD communities on a specific issue, or represent a cross-section of three or more of Victoria’s ethno or faith-specific communities, on an ongoing basis.
Funding will not be provided to:
- unincorporated associations; or
- ethno-specific or faith-specific organisations representing only one or two communities; or
- organisations that have failed to abide by the terms and conditions of previously provided grants; or
- organisations that have outstanding accountability reports for previous funding provided by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship or the Victorian Multicultural Commission.
For further information please contact the PMO Manager on (03) 9651 0685.
Applications for the PMO Grants Program close at 4pm on 23 August 2013. Applications submitted after this date may not be considered.
For the Guidelines and Application form please visit http://omac.smartygrants.com.au/peakmulticultural