Up to $10,000 is available from Pride Events and Festivals Fund to support and contribute to LGBTI events in Victoria.
Pride Events and Festivals Fund
The Pride Events and Festivals Fund is one of many ways the Victorian Government is supporting LGBTI communities. The Fund was established for LGBTI events in Victoria and is intended to promote LGBTI arts and culture, celebrate diversity and acceptance, and build resilience against LGBTI discrimination.
The fund will help build understanding of LGBTIQ communities across Victoria. The fund also enables a more strategic and sustained approach to LGBTIQ events across the state.
The PEFF program objectives are to:
- Strengthen LGBTIQ community pride, places, and heritage
- Recognise and support marginalised or isolated people or communities
- Celebrate and build resilience in the face of on-going discrimination
- Build public profile, visibility, and understanding of LGBTIQ communities.
For the 2019-20 round, the PEFF will have one application stream. Applicants may apply for funding to the value of $10,000 and must clearly align to at least one program objective.
Below is a list of potential activities that are eligible in this program. Please note, this list is not exhaustive. If you are unsure whether your proposed activity is eligible, please contact the Equality Branch to discuss.
- LGBTIQ festivals or events
- LGBTIQ performance, cultural exhibitions, and sporting events
- Celebrations of LGBTIQ days of significance
- Events that promote dialogue and understanding of the LGBTIQ issues across the broader Victorian community
- Conferences and forums focused on LGBTIQ issues
To be eligible to apply for PEFF, an organisation must:
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be a not-for-profit entity
- Not have any overdue deliverables from other grants provided by the Equality Branch of the Department of Premier and Cabinet
Applications that seek to support events or festivals for the following communities will be viewed favourably:
- Rural and regional LGBTIQ communities
- Multicultural and multi-faith LGBTIQ communities
- Aboriginal LGBTIQ communities
- LGBTIQ Victorians with a disability
- LGBTIQ people experiencing mental health issues
- Trans and gender diverse communities
- Bisexual communities
- Intersex communities.
Applications close 14 October 2019.