Up to $50,000 is available from the Pride Events and Festivals Fund to support and contribute to LGBTI events in Victoria.
Pride Events and Festivals Fund
The Pride Events and Festivals Fund is one of many ways the Victorian Government is supporting LGBTI communities. The Fund was established for LGBTI events in Victoria and is intended to promote LGBTI arts and culture, celebrate diversity and acceptance, and build resilience against LGBTI discrimination.
The Pride Events and Festivals Fund will help to build understanding of LGBTI communities in particular places or communities and within the wider Victorian community. The Fund will enable a more strategic and sustained approach to LGBTI events.
Up to $50,000 is available from the Pride Events and Festivals Fund.
Examples of the types of activities that will be considered under the program across the three funding streams are:
- LGBTI festivals or events with one or more cultural groups
- LGBTI performances, cultural exhibitions and sporting events
- celebrations of LGBTI days of significance
- events that promote dialogue and understanding about LGBTI issues
- conferences and forums focused on LGBTI issues more broadly
Event or festival proposals that support the following communities will be viewed favourably:
- multicultural and multi-faith LGBTI communities
- Aboriginal LGBTI communities
- LGBTI Victorians with disability
- rural and regional LGBTI communities
- outer metropolitan LGBTI communities
- LGBTI people experiencing mental health issues
- specific communities including trans and gender diverse, bisexual and intersex communities
To be eligible, an organisation must:
- have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) or the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012 (Vic)
If your organisation does not meet the above criteria you must nominate an eligible auspice to apply for a grant. Auspice organisations must meet the above criteria.
Applications close 7 October 2018.