What is the Primary Healthcare Grant Program?
The Primary Healthcare Grant Program is a grant opportunity to help general practices and community pharmacies deliver primary health services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health, safety and wellbeing of Tasmanians is our number one priority as we face the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic.
As part of the Tasmanian Governments support to Tasmanian businesses and the community, $5 million in funding is to be made available for the primary healthcare sector to ensure that GPs and pharmacists are supported to continue to provide primary health services.
To assist general practices and community pharmacies to support continued delivery of primary health services during the COVID-19 pandemic, grants of up to $10 000 are available as one off support payments.
The funding may be used for the following:
- equipment, including general and personal protective equipment
- infrastructure, including minor capital works and information and communications technology (ICT)
- workforce, including training, additional staffing support, specialist expertise, security staffing
- other – items must be specified and must be related to continuation of delivery of primary healthcare services
To be eligible, you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- be a general practice or community pharmacy
- have been operating continuously since 31 January 2020 and be currently operating and providing services to Tasmanians within a community
- not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation
Applicants will need to identify how funding will be spent across the areas identified above. Total amount of funding must not exceed $10 000.
Applicants can only submit one application for grant funding, except in cases where multiple service locations are being operated under a single ABN. (Note: Within general practice this applies to standalone practices being operated under a single ABN only, not sole traders providing contracted services to different locations).
Applications close 30 June 2020.