Call 1300 658 508
What is the Producer Innovation Fast Track Grant?
The Producer Innovation Fast Track Grant is a scheme which aims to help Kimberley and Pilbara pastoral enterprises to adopt technologies or innovations to grow their business.
The Producer Innovation Fast Track (PIFT) Grants program supports pastoral enterprises to adopt proven, regionally-relevant R&D, technologies and innovation to improve their business efficiency and productivity.
This $1 million Producer Innovation Fast Track Grant Scheme is an incentive based, co-investment Scheme to assist beef cattle producers in the pastoral regions of the Kimberley and Pilbara to accelerate adoption of regionally relevant research and development that drives business efficiency, enhancing productivity and profitability through sustainable management practices.
Eligible Kimberley and Pilbara pastoral enterprises can apply for funding of up to $20,000 to adopt technologies or innovation to help grow their business.
Call 1300 658 508
The funding must be used by applicants to accelerate adoption of research, development, technology or innovation and can include goods and services; for example feasibility studies, business planning and benchmarking (economic, biosecurity, drought, animal welfare etc), on ground works, genetics, decision support systems, digital systems, engaging consultants and service providers etc and are for the following types of projects:
- Business performance and benchmarking
- Sustainable rangeland management practices
- Livestock herd performance
- Labour performance or efficiency.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have a current Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- own/operate a beef primary production enterprise with at least 500 adult equivalent cattle
- own/share or sub-lease, a pastoral lease in the Kimberly or Pilbara region that is normally used for beef production
- receive income from a beef enterprise, primarily from business within Western Australia.
Applications close 15 January 2023.