What is the Quick Response Business Grants?
The City of Melbourne’s Quick Response Business Grants provide financial assistance to eligible businesses affected by COVID-19. Three programs are available to support businesses to:
- invest in capital works during this challenging time and position their business to strongly benefit from the economic recovery when it happens.
- develop their online and e-commerce capabilities;
- undertake training and professional development to better prepare for return to business activities.
The Quick Response Business Grants include:
- Up to $5000 for investing in online and e-commerce activities.
- Up to $2000 for training and professional development.
- Up to $10,000 for capital works projects (matching dollar-for-dollar) to adapt to changing conditions.
Capital works grants
Costs associated with capital works used to produce income, including in any of the following areas:
- equipment, including major catering, processing and production equipment;
- business fittings, including retail, wholesale, and hospitality shopfittings;
- physical alterations, including remodeling of premises;
- IT and software;
Online and e-commerce grants
Costs associated with online and e-commerce activities, including the purchase of hardware, software and services in any of the following areas:
- website design and development;
- e-commerce platforms (selling online and receiving payments);
- online content development (web pages, mobile apps, audio and visual media);
- digital marketing and promotion;
- mentoring and training in online and e-commerce activities.
Training and professional development
Costs associated with increasing and enhancing worker capability to better prepare for return to business activities. Suitable professional development activities can include, but are not limited to:
- online learning, webinars;
- attendance at training courses, seminars, workshops, forums or conferences;
- in-house courses delivered by an external provider or other training.
To be eligible to apply for the Quick Response Business Grants, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be located within the City of Melbourne municipality
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a small to medium sized business (employ fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees at the time of application, or up to 75 staff for hospitality and tourism sectors)
- be a small to medium sized non-profit organisation (employ fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees at the time of application)
- able to demonstrate how the grant will help support your business or non-profit organisation in response to the impact of COVID-19.
Please note: Costs associated with rent and bond will not be considered in this instance. Please refer to the rates hardship policy where they will consider rent relief for eligible tenants in Council owned buildings for three months or more.
There is no set closing date for the quick response business grants.
The following city businesses and non-profit organisations have received funding as part of City of Melbourne’s COVID-19 business grants. The first successful projects were announced on Thursday 23 April. This is just the beginning of our investment in Melbourne’s business community; further announcements will be made soon.
- A is for Atlas
- Allan Campion Services
- Bread Club
- Caves Inc
- Connect Solutions Pty Ltd
- Dafel Dolls and Bears Pty Ltd
- DemoV Pty Ltd
- Downtown Studio
- Enter Closer Pty Ltd
- Florist Cafe Carlton Pty Ltd
- Good Cycles Ltd
- Hall-Haydon Business Trust
- heartland records
- Institute of Live Communications Ptd Ltd
- Integris Group Services Pty Ltd
- KidsCo Australia Pty Ltd
- Kinfolk Enterprise
- LeReve Patisserie Pty Ltd
- Melbourne College of Hairdressing Beauty Therapy & Natural Medicine Pty Ltd
- Mind Spirits & Co Pty Ltd
- Nick Pages-Oliver
- Noshlife Pty Ltd
- One Roof Co-Working Pty Ltd
- One10 Group Pty Ltd
- Optometrists On Collins Pty Ltd
- PNM Food Pty Ltd ATF PNM Family Trust
- REQ2 Pty Ltd
- R & J Holdings Pty Ltd
- Ryan Andrijich
- Stranger Than Paradise
- The Barber Club Pty Ltd
- Thomas Goldner Pty Ltd
- We Are Rowboat Pty Ltd
- Xary Technologies Pty Ltd
- Xth international Pty Ltd
- Zen Wonders