At Bulletpoint, we understand that when you’re immersed in the world of research and development, time is of the essence. As a Melbourne-based consultancy specialising in the R&D tax incentive process, we’re here to provide clarity and insight, particularly about how long it takes to register your R&D application with AusIndustry, the government body responsible for this process.
The Wait Time!
Here is the performance criteria set by AusIndustry:
- 40 business days for first-time registrants.
- 20 business days for applications submitted within 6 months of the end of an income period.
- 80 business days for applications submitted 6 months or more after the end of an income period.
With this knowledge, you can better plan your R&D activities and manage your cash flow.
Factors That Can Influence Processing Times
While AusIndustry is committed to these timelines, certain circumstances may result in a longer processing time. These include:
- Peak periods: April-June and October-November are the busiest times of the fiscal year. During these periods, applications can increase, potentially leading to delays.
- Complex applications: If your R&D activities are particularly complex, a more detailed review may be necessary. While this may extend the processing time, it ensures that the R&D tax incentive program’s integrity is upheld.
- Review selection: Sometimes, applications are selected for review as part of routine checks. Although this may add to the processing time, it is a necessary step in maintaining the robustness of the R&D tax incentive program.
Pro Tips for a Smooth Application Process
There are steps you can take to help expedite your R&D application process:
- Early submission: The sooner you submit your application, the better, particularly if you can do so outside of peak periods.
- Clear and concise information: When describing your R&D activities, be detailed, clear, and concise. This can help speed up the review process.
- Seek guidance: A tax professional or an R&D tax consultant (like us at Bulletpoint!) can help you prepare your application correctly and ensure it complies with legislation.
The R&D tax incentive program is designed to fuel Australian innovation, and we at Bulletpoint are committed to guiding businesses like yours through this process. Stay tuned to our blog and subscribe to our newsletter for more insights into the R&D tax incentive process. If you have any queries, feel free to reach out to our team of experts.
We make it easier for you
Navigating the complexities of the R&D tax incentive process can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With a proven track record, Bulletpoint has been guiding businesses like yours successfully through this process for over a decade. We’re not just about ticking boxes; we’re passionate about what we do and take pride in making a significant difference to your business.
Our team of highly-rated R&D tax consultants is ready to provide personalised, jargon-free guidance, ensuring that you understand the process every step of the way. We have successfully lodged over 500 R&D claims and have received an average rating of 4.8 stars from more than 250 Google reviews.
But we’re not just resting on our laurels! We’re committed to continual learning, keeping abreast of changes in legislation and process to ensure our clients always receive the best advice.
We’ve made the process easy for you. If you’re ready to tap into our expertise and take the stress out of your R&D tax incentive application, then let’s get the conversation started.
Book a meeting directly with our lead consultant via this link, or call us at 1300 658 508. We’re ready to assist you in unlocking the benefits your business deserves. Let Bullepoint lead you to a successful and enjoyable R&D tax incentive experience. Your innovative future starts here!
Linkedin: AusIndustry commits to processing applications in 112 days
Navigating the #ResearchAndDevelopment Tax Incentive application process can seem daunting, especially when it comes to timing!
At Bulletpoint, we’re here to simplify that for you. Here’s a snapshot of AusIndustry’s processing timelines:
First-time applicants: 40 business days Applications within 6 months post-income period: 20 business days Applications 6+ months post-income period: 80 business days (112 calendar days)
Sounds straightforward, right? But remember, peak periods, complex applications, or selection for review could extend these timelines.
Don’t fret! With early submission, clear information, and professional guidance, you can glide through the process.
Are you ready to conquer the R&D tax incentive process? Dive into our latest blog for more insights ( link to blog) or book a meeting with us now at https://calendly.com/