Call 1300 658 508
What is the Ready for Growth Program?
The Ready for Growth is a program which aims to support Victorian businesses with high growth potential to access new markets and expand their business.
The Ready for Growth program is being delivered by Business Victoria with partner and world-leading financial services organisation, BDO Australia. The program will support 1000 businesses and is available until 1 June 2024.
Participants will receive tailored advice and support from an expert growth facilitator matched to your business with relevant industry experience.
The objectives of the Ready for Growth program are to:
- support businesses to define their goals, build their capability and develop a detailed understanding of their needs to ensure they receive tailored support to grow;
- connect businesses to key business networks and ecosystems, increasing opportunities for growth connections; and
- create streamlined pathways to services and programs, addressing structural and behavioural barriers to accessing support.
Call 1300 658 508
- Receive up to 14 hours of tailored advice from an expert with matched industry experience to strategically plan your business’ goals and growth
- Create a growth action plan for success that could include:
- hiring and managing staff with confidence
- strategies to make faster business decisions with clarity
- reaching new customers and increasing profits
- finding solutions to operational challenges
- Find grants and services to support your business’ growth
- Connect with other business owners and networks through the Ready for Growth alumni network
To participate in Ready for Growth, a business must:
- be registered and operate in Victoria
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) and WorkCover Employer Number (WEN)
- have been operating for at least three years
- have more than four employees and fewer than 200 employees
- have an annual revenue of less than $20 million
- meet all industrial relations obligations in accordance with the National Employment Standards
The program will also consider the following factors when selecting businesses to participate in the program:
- A demonstrated track record of growth or intention to grow. For example, the business is export-ready, has plans to expand with more jobs, and/or is purchasing new machinery.
- Priority sectors that align with existing government trade relations that may be leveraged, or that have identified growth opportunities.
- The geographic location of a business as it aligns with government priorities, and to ensure equitable access to businesses across the state.
Applications close 1 June 2024.