What is the Regional and Remote Airport Security Awareness Program?
The Regional and Remote Airport Security Awareness Program is a grant opportunity to support eligible airports meet the requirements of the Screener Accreditation Scheme.
This program aims to provide transitional support to implement the Screener Accreditation Scheme. We understand that implementing the scheme will have a financial impact for regional and remote airports who run on small profit margins. Funding will end in 2024.
Its objectives are to:
- support regional and remote airports meet the requirements of the Screener Accreditation Scheme
- increase the delivery and effectiveness of education, training and testing for screening officers and air cargo examination officers
- reduce the cost burden of airport security to regional airports
- support regional airport compliance with the Aviation Transport Security Act 2004.
The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible expenditure.
- The minimum grant amount is $1000.
- The maximum grant amount is $25,000.
You can apply for up to 2 grants per financial year. You can apply for up to a maximum of $25,000 per financial year.
To be eligible your activities must:
- be aimed at supporting airport staff to meet airport Screener Accreditation Scheme
- have at least $1,000 in eligible expenditure
Eligible activities include:
- activities that facilitate compliance with the Screener Accreditation Scheme
- supporting nominated personnel to become accreditors through nationally recognised qualifications and other approved training courses
- supporting applications in applying for their Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- supporting new screeners in gaining their Certificate II in Transport Security Protection
- supporting airport personnel that are working towards becoming accreditors to attend other approved professional training courses
- acquiring general/educational training resources for screeners
To be eligible we must have invited you to apply.
You will need to be:
- an eligible regional or remote airport as identified by The Department of Home Affairs
- entity formally authorised by the eligible airport.
If we have not invited you to apply for the grant, you’re not considered eligible to apply.
The program can only accept applications if you:
- Can provide invoice(s) demonstrating proof of delivery and payment for eligible activities. You must have paid invoices between 1 July and 30 May in the financial year of your application.
- Have not received the maximum $25,000 in the financial year of your application.
Applications close 30 May 2024.