Up to $20 M is available to upgrade regional public airport infrastructure.
Call 1300 658 508
The Regional Aviation Fund (RAF) managed by the Department of Business and Innovation (DBI), supports the development of appropriate aviation infrastructure that improves facilities at, access to and enhances the operational capability of regional public-use airport sites.
This targeted Regional Aviation Fund program recognises the potential for regional airports to boost economic development in regional Victoria by catering for increased investment in infrastructure and providing greater community access, while complementing the Government’s broader commitment to assisting regional development and growth.
Applications for Regional Aviation Fund grants will be considered from councils, state government agencies, regional infrastructure providers, regional organisations, business groups and the private sector located in regional Victoria.
The Regional Aviation Fund is managed by the Department of Business and Innovation. It supports the development of appropriate aviation infrastructure that improves facilities, access to facilities and enhances the operational capability of regional public-use airport sites. Capital works projects supported by the Fund may include:
- Creation, upgrades or extensions of runways
- Creation, upgrades or extensions of taxiways
- Levelling and/or strengthening of aprons
- Creating or upgrading of aircraft parking areas
- Sealing of internal roads
- Installing, upgrading or relocating navigational aids, airfield lighting, AWIS/ATIS and refuelling areas
- Providing additional infrastructure such as fencing, lighting or drainage
- Initial Departure and Approach Procedure design.
Applications will be assessed against Regional Aviation Fund eligibility and selection criteria. To be considered for funding, projects must also meet and agree to the following conditions as a minimum:
- Provision of clear evidence that the application meets the project eligibility and selection criteria as defined in the Regional Aviation Fund Guidelines
- Provision of a completed Regional Aviation Fund Application Form, Project Management Plan and any required supporting material
- All successful applicants will be required to enter into an Agreement with the Department of Business and Innovation that will formalise the obligations of the applicant in delivering the project.
The Victorian Coalition Government has established the $20 million Regional Aviation Fund to assist with the upgrading of regional public use airport infrastructure across the State.
Writing a good quality grant application is a critical element in the application process. An application needs to be well thought through, written concisely, have clear objectives and purpose, and show clear links to the objectives of the grant guidelines.
The grant application must answer all questions, provide all required information and respond to the merit criteria. It should also reflect your organisation’s business strategy.
Writing a good application takes time and effort, and requires particular writing skills.
Bulletpoint are expert grant consultants and can assist with all aspects of grant preparation.
Call 1300 658 508
- Regional Aviation Fund – Flyer
- Regional Aviation Fund – Guidelines