Up to $60,000 is available from Regional Business Event Development Fund to help stakeholders/businesses create, attract and support exciting business events for Regional NSW.
Regional Business Event Development Fund
The NSW Regional Business Event Development Fund is designed to help stakeholders create, attract and support exciting business events for Regional NSW and to support new business event initiatives aimed at enriching the events with opportunities offered by iconic towns and regions while helping secure successful conferences and business events for their future.
The four streams of the program are:
- Creation of a New Business Event – To encourage towns and regions to create their own new conferences and business events. e.g: The Waste Management Conference initiative in Coffs Harbour which has become a major annual event.
- Attraction of an Existing Business Event – To assist rural and Regional NSW to secure conferences, business events and major expos. The business event should have previously been held in a capital city, interstate or overseas and funding is being sought to bring the event to a Regional NSW location.
- Support for an Existing Business Event – To support events that are held in Regional NSW and may rotate between locations. Funds must be used to drive increased visitation for the event.
- Support for a Business Event Project – To assist rural and Regional NSW implement business event projects or initiatives aimed at driving growth in the visitor economy of Regional NSW. This may take the form of a business event series or roadshow; a specific element of a business event where the main event is being held in a capital city or interstate; or a small scale infrastructure project specifically designed to support growth in business events.
A total funding pool of $500,000 is available. Grants available are:
- Up to $30,000 for a business event with up to 300 delegates (projected attendance)
- Up to $60,000 for a business event with over 300 delegates (projected attendance)
Funds are available for the creation of new business events, the attraction of existing business events, support for an existing business event or support for a business event project to be held in the six Destination Network regions (excluding Newcastle or Wollongong Local Government Areas):
- Destination Riverina Murray
- Destination Southern NSW
- Destination North Coast incl. Lord Howe Island
- Destination Country & Outback NSW
- Destination Sydney Surrounds North
- Destination Sydney Surrounds South
This includes the Sydney metropolitan Local Government Areas of Penrith and Hawkesbury which are included in Destination Sydney Surrounds North.
The Fund is open to:
- local government
- local tourism organisations
- convention organisers
- chambers of commerce
- business events industry operators
- professional conference organisers
Stakeholders who received funding under the Regional Conferencing Development Grants Pilot Program may be eligible to apply for funding under the third stream – Support of an Existing Business Event.
Applications close 30 June 2019.