Up to $250,000 is available from Regional Economic Development Grants to support individual projects that promote economic development in regional WA.
Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants
Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants provide funding to businesses who undertake projects in regional Western Australia which contribute to economic growth in local communities.
The Regional Economic Development Grants (RED) program is a State Government initiative that invests in community driven projects that contribute to economic growth and development in regional Western Australia. The State Government’s Royalties for Regions program has invested $22.5 million towards the RED Grants program as part of the 2018-19 State Budget.
The first round of RED Grants will fund projects that are ready to commence by January 2019.
The Regional Economic Development Grants (RED) provides funding to support locally driven projects that will contribute to economic growth in regional communities.
The objectives of the RED Grants Program include:
- Sustainable jobs growth;
- Increasing productivity;
- Expanding or diversifying industry;
- Developing skills or capabilities;
- Attracting new investment in the region;
Eligible applicants can apply for RED Grants funding of up to $250,000 for individual projects.
Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate:
- building the capability of local suppliers, and the opportunity for regional businesses to supply items / services for the project
- increased regional employment and regional business participation through subcontractors, suppliers, apprenticeships and traineeships
- support for emerging or new industries in the region
- benefit to the regional economy through any other identifiable means.
To be eligible for RED Grants funding the applicant must have an Australian Business Number (ABN), and be one of the following entities:
- A local government
- A not for profit organisation that is a legal entity.
- Australian registered business.
- Industry association, cooperative or business group
- Incorporated body, or have equivalent status (i.e. represented by an incorporated auspicing body).
- Universities or training institutions (under collaborative arrangements with third parties).
Applications close 13 September 2019.