Up to $40,000 is available from the Regional Events Scheme to develop and run small public events in regional areas of WA that will showcase local communities and increase tourism.
Regional Events Scheme (RES)
The Regional Events Scheme (RES) is an annual funding round administered by Tourism WA. The RES is jointly funded by Tourism WA and the Department of Regional Development through its Royalties for Regions program. The scheme is designed to assist with the development of events as tourist attractions within regional Western Australia.
Regional Events Scheme (RES) aims to:
- Bring additional tourism income to regional communities by increasing visitor numbers and expenditure in the host community.
- Attract media coverage that will help to raise the profile of the region as a tourist destination.
- Extend the length of the traditional tourist seasons and better utilise tourism facilities and services during off-peak or shoulder periods.
- Involve and inspire the local community.
- Extend the length of the traditional tourist seasons and better utilise tourism facilities and services during off-peak or shoulder periods
- Improve the vibrancy and vitality of the State.
In addition to the above, it is advantageous if the event has a strong point of difference and/or profiles the unique features of the town and/or region.
A funding pool of up to $1,000,000 has been allocated. Event holders can request funding between $5,000 and $40,000.
Tourism WA cannot advise if you should apply or if your event is eligible. It is recommended that you read through the guidelines and if you feel your event sufficiently meets the criteria then it is recommended that you submit an application.
Events must be held between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
To be eligible for funding, your event must be held within regional Western Australia. The boundaries are determined by the Regional Development Commission Act 1993 and comprise nine regions – Peel, South West, Great Southern, Wheatbelt, Mid West, Gascoyne, Goldfields – Esperance, Pilbara and Kimberley.
Eligible applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) or meet one of the criteria contained in the Australian Taxation Offices’ Statement by a Supplier form. Event holders who have a current sponsorship agreement with Tourism WA for RES funding can apply for additional funding through the current round for a new initiative(s) for the event currently receiving funding.
Applications close 11 December 2018.