Up to $100,000 is available from Regional Filming Fund to offset the costs associated with shooting a film in regional areas.
Regional Filming Fund
The Regional Filming Fund offsets costs associated with shooting in regional areas of NSW. Regional NSW is defined as all areas in NSW outside the Sydney Metro area (excluding the ACT).
Applicants may request up to 35% of the budgeted NSW Regional Spend. Support is provided as a grant. The maximum grant per production is $100,000.
NSW Regional Spend is the total of the below the line shooting expenses directly associated with filming in regional NSW. Eligible NSW Regional Spend expenses are limited to:
- location fees
- travel (for cast and crew traveling from other parts of NSW)
- per diems
- local suppliers & services (e.g. construction contractors, security, traffic control etc.)
- salaries for regionally based cast and crew.
The Regional Filming Fund will fund production of Australian projects in the following categories:
- feature films
- content-rich factual and documentary television or web programs and series
- adult and children’s television drama and narrative comedy including series, miniseries, web series and telemovies
- animation productions
- creative interactive screen entertainment
Screen NSW general eligibility requirements can be found in the Screen NSW Terms of Trade, which should be read in conjunction with these guidelines.
- At least one of the Key Creatives must be NSW based.
- The production company must be registered in NSW and have its principal place of business in NSW.
- The production must film on location in Regional NSW for a minimum of five shooting days.
- At least 50% of the total budget must be expended in NSW.
- Productions must be fully financed at the time of application, with the exception of contributions being sought from Screen NSW and other state, federal or international agencies (Note: we will only consider an application where those agencies have confirmed their contribution or if the application has been submitted to a funding round running concurrently with the Screen NSW round).
- Productions that have been shortlisted for Screen Australia’s Documentary Production Producer Program or Multi-Platform Drama Fund may apply.
- Feature films must have distribution in place.
- Television drama, narrative comedy and factual/documentary programs must have a financial commitment from a broadcaster, subscription service or distributor.
Screen NSW is committed to supporting increased participation in the industry of people from under-represented groups including women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CaLD backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTQI people, people from western Sydney and people from regional NSW. Priority will be given to teams including people from under-represented groups.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.