Up to $500,000 is available from Regional Growth Loans to emerging fast-growth SMEs to drive jobs and business growth in regional NSW.
Regional Growth Loans (RGL)
Regional Growth Loans (RGL) aim to drive jobs and business growth by providing emerging scalable fast growth businesses with capital to address barriers in accessing finance from commercial sources.
Recognising the importance of creating new jobs in regional NSW, Regional Growth Loans provide capital for emerging fast-growth SMEs that are scaling quickly and creating jobs, but face barriers accessing finance from traditional lenders.
Regional Growth Loans are interest free, and specifically assist businesses who are creating jobs in regional areas outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong.
With a Regional Growth Loan:
- your business has access to funding when traditional lenders are unable to help
- there is no interest payable for the life of the loan
- there are no penalties for early repayment
- there are no establishment fees
- your business can continue to grow through additional capital.
The Regional Growth Loans (RGL) aligns with the overarching objectives of the Jobs for NSW Act 2015 (NSW):
- to facilitate the creation of new jobs in NSW in a way that is responsive to changes in the economy
- to facilitate the development and attraction of new businesses, and the consolidation of existing businesses in NSW
- to facilitate the provision of innovative, cost-effective and strategically targeted incentives for economic development in NSW
Regional Growth Loans (RGL) comprise one element of the Regional Jobs Now portfolio, with more than 30% of the $190 million Jobs for NSW Fund to be allocated to supporting the growth of businesses outside of metropolitan Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong.
Individual loans with a principal value of between $200,000 and $500,000 are available for a term of four years.
To be eligible for an Regional Growth Loans (RGL), businesses must:
- have a registered ABN and be an incorporated company
- have a minimum of five employees (full-time, part-time or casual)
- be creating a minimum of 10 additional FTE jobs within two years outside of metropolitan NSW (Sydney, Newcastle or Wollongong)
- be able to demonstrate likely revenue of at least $500,000 within 12 months
- have been trading for at least one year
- demonstrate your business’s expected future growth for at least one year, through showing secured pipeline or contracts
- demonstrate that you have been unable to obtain commercial finance.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.