What is the Regional Location Assistance Fund?
The Regional Location Assistance Fund (RLAF) is a grant opportunity to encourage Victorian, interstate and international film and television productions to locate production activity in regional Victoria.
The objectives of Regional Location Assistance Fund are to:
- Attract production activity to regional Victoria
- Increase business and employment opportunities for regionally based companies and residents
- Promote regional Victorian locations to audiences outside of Victoria.
The amount of a Regional Location Assistance Fund grant is calculated as a percentage of Qualifying Regional Victorian Expenditure on a project, including:
- Payments made to regional Victorian residents or regional Victorian companies for goods or services
- Salaries (pro rata to the period of regional filming) and other expenses paid to, or incurred by, any regional Victorian resident for the period where that activity is undertaken in proximity to their regional residence
- Fees for production and other services provided by regional Victorian companies
- Per diems, accommodation and other associated living-away-from-home costs incurred by the production company.
To be eligible, projects must:
- be either:
- Fiction -feature film, telemovie, mini-series, pilot or series, or
- Documentary -feature film, television one-off or series, or
- light entertainment series (including reality, lifestyle)that showcases regional Victorian locations, culture and/or lifestyle, and has the potential to contribute to the visitor economy.
- use regional Victorian locations for a minimum of five days during principal photography where the majority of crew/cast will be accommodated in proximity to the regional filming location.
- meet a minimum qualifying expenditure of $100,000 in regional Victoria on approved elements
- have genuine marketplace interest for commercial release or distribution of the project.
- have a budget that includes, at least, minimum Australian industry award rates for industry practitioners involved in the Victorian work.
Applications must be approved by VicScreen prior to commencing the activities for which an incentive is being sought.
- Production company or studio undertaking production for an eligible project in regional Victoria.
- Regionally based production companies undertaking filming in regional Victoria that meet all the above criteria may be eligible for support through this program, to be assessed on a case-bycase basis.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.