Up to $150,000 is available from the Regional Tourism Product Development Program to support new tourism product supply opportunities.
Regional Tourism Product Development Program
The Regional Tourism Product Development Program offers funding for eligible projects that satisfactorily meet the assessment criteria. The funding must be, at least, matched dollar-for-dollar.
The NSW Government announced that $13 million in regional tourism funding was available between 2016 and 2019, to support the regional tourism industry in NSW, with up to $4.5 million available in 2018 – 2019.
The funding will be available through two streams:
- Regional Cooperative Tourism Marketing Program
- Regional Tourism Product Development Program
Between $15,000 and up to $150,000 is available for a Regional Tourism Product Development project. Funding must be at least matched dollar-for-dollar, in cash (not contra or value in kind) by the successful applicant.
The amount of funding offered to a successful project will be determined by Destination NSW. The ROI to the NSW Government and the assessment score will be considered in determining the final amount i.e. an applicant may seek $150,000 however, may be offered less if a lower investment is required to deliver an ROI to the NSW Government.
The Regional Tourism Product Development Program is available for:
- New accommodation projects that increase capacity for the region where there is a demonstrated need i.e. the project aligns with at least one of the following:
- The proposed project aligns with the DMP
- The proposed project addresses a shortfall of a specific type of accommodation in the destination, such as a lack of family cabins or double rooms
- The proposed project will facilitate additional accommodation capacity during events and peak periods (where it can be demonstrated that the location is already at capacity during these times)
- Infrastructure projects that can clearly demonstrate that they will drive increased overnight visitation to the region and align with needs identified in the relevant DMP.
- Visitor signposting (only when led by a council / tourism sector organisation to improve overall visitor experience and highlighting tourist activities and sector related experiences). Note: This does not include road signs
- Itinerary / Tour Development
- New attractions and experiences
Proposals can be submitted by local government, tourism and sector organisations, including Destination Networks, and industry (GST registered), located or representing industry within the six new Destination Networks:
- Destination Riverina Murray
- Destination Southern NSW
- Destination North Coast
- Destination Country & Outback NSW
- Destination Sydney Surrounds North
- Destination Sydney Surrounds South
Applications open on an ongoing basis.
- Beachcomber Holiday Park: Two self-contained, eco cabins and supporting infrastructure – $149,850
- CoastXP Pty Ltd: Installation of a dry berth to facilitate coastal and harbour tours of Newcastle – $15,000
- Ross Hill Wine Group Pty Ltd: New function area and cooking school – $150,000
- Bellingen Shire Council: The Gleniffer Interpretive Signage Project – $50,000
- Cameron D’Arcy Pty Ltd: Sierra Escape Tents, two luxury glamping tents – $112,874
- T C Jones Pty Ltd: Tilba Lake Pods, modern eco-friendly cabins – $75,511
- Nightcap Ridge Pty Ltd: Nightcap Ridge project, cottage and lodge building – $150,000
- Kimo Estate: A-frame eco-hut to complement existing luxury visitor accommodation – $130,025
- Shaw Projects Pty Ltd: Cellar door building with facilities to cater for up to 250 guests – $150,000
- EnviroKey Pty Ltd: Seven new exhibits to house an additional twenty bird species at On The Perch Bird Park – $38,965
- TreeTop Adventure Park, Central Coast: Outdoor net park suspended within the tree tops – $149,000
- Belisi Equine Park: Construction of a luxury two bedroom cottage using recycled shipping containers – $150,000.
- Salamander Properties Pty Ltd: New dining experience under the Rick Stein at Bannisters brand – $150,000
- Symbio Wildlife Park: Installation of a splash park including a series of large water fountains, tipping bucket plus many other features – $150,000
- Kiama Municipal Council: Surf Beach Holiday Park, installation of two self-contained cabins including a two bedroom accessible cabin – $150,000