$20M fund that improve infrastructure, support industry attraction and help grow existing businesses
The Riverland Sustainable Futures Fund (RSFF) provides financial support to projects that are a priority for community and economic development with in the Riverland Region of South Australia. RSFF is a $20m fund, available over 4 years and is accessible by organisations and businesses to fund projects that “improve infrastructure, support industry attraction and help grow existing businesses”.
For the purpose of this fund, the Riverland is defined as the region which is contained within the Local Government areas of the Berri Barmera Council, the District Council of Loxton Waikerie and Renmark Paringa Council. Grants or loans are available for up to 50% of eligible project costs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the value of the project to the State and/or the Riverland region, and how it either diversifies the economy of the region or builds on the region’s competitive strengths.
It is expected that over time the RSFF will deliver structural change, population growth and employment outcomes to the Riverland, by supporting viable projects that:
- assist to diversify the economic base of the Riverland, or build on the existing competitive advantages of the Riverland
- create sustainable new employment opportunities
- increase the region’s living standards
- sustain or increase population
- ensure the key enablers of the economy are in place, eg, economic and social infrastructure
- build additional industry competitiveness and social capacity
- increase local, national and international investment in the region
The RSFF will focus on implementing strategies in key plans including:
- South Australia’s Strategic Plan
- Riverland Regional Prospectus
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan SA (DPTI)
- Regional Development Australia Murraylands and Riverland Regional Roadmap
- State Industry Development Plans (such as Food, Wine, Tourism, Manufacturing)
- Regional Strategies (DPLG)
- Strategic Plans of the three Riverland Councils
Eligible organisations: Local Government, Non Government Organisations, and businesses with an existing or proposed presence in the Riverland.
Eligible projects: the fund is primarily intended to support sustainable economic development initiatives.
Applicants must have an ABN.
For the purpose of this fund, the Riverland is defined as the region which is contained within the Local Government areas of the Berri Barmera Council, the District Council of Loxton Waikerie and Renmark Paringa Council.
Consideration will be given to applications from organisations that are located in or immediately adjacent to, the above council areas and are considered by the RSFF Assessment Panel to have strong and identifiable communities of interest and economic and social impacts upon the Riverland.
- Projects that require recurrent State Government funding
- Requests for retrospective funding, where projects have been completed or have commenced prior to the application being received by the RSFF Assessment Panel
- Projects undertaken by the private sector as a result of Government contractual arrangements
- Feasibility studies, business plans, cost benefit analysis and economic impact studies where they do not form part of a broader project that meets the RSFF criteria or are not in line with the objectives of the Riverland Regional Prospectus
- RSFF guidelines and assessment criteria (156 kb)
- RSFF application checklist (77kb)
- RSFF Application Form (360kb)
- RSFF Economic Impact Template (25kb)
- RSFF application process flowchart (68 kb)