What is the Rural Landholders Grant?
The Rural Landholders Grant is a program that provides funding to help storm and flood-affected rural landholders in eligible local government areas (LGAs) recover.
The Australian and NSW Governments have announced an additional $400 million to support NSW communities affected by the February and March 2021 storms and floods and help them in the next stage of recovery.
As part of this initiative, over $25 million has been committed to providing targeted assistance for rural landholders who do not qualify for existing programs to support the long-term recovery of impacted regions.
The Rural Landholders Grants (RLG) program provides assistance to storm and flood-affected landholders in eligible Local Government Areas (LGAs), to support the next phase of their recovery.
This program provides a grant of up to $10,000 for landholders who were affected by the storms and floods that occurred from February and March 2021 and are not eligible for existing programs.
Funding is available to storm and flood-affected rural landholders who do not qualify for existing programs because they do not meet the 50% of income from primary production requirement.
Eligible funding claims may include:
- hiring or leasing equipment or materials to clean premises, property or equipment
- removing and disposing of debris, damaged goods, materials including injured or dead livestock
- repairing or replacing fencing and/or other essential property infrastructure
- purchasing and transporting fodder or feed for livestock
- replacing livestock
- replacing lost or damaged plants, salvaging crops, repairing or restoring fields
- replacing, reconditioning or replacing essential plant or equipment
- maintaining the health of livestock
- paying additional wages to an employee to assist with clean-up work (above and beyond normal wage expenditure, i.e. day-to-day staffing)
- repairing buildings (except dwellings, unless they are used for staff accommodation).
To be eligible, you must:
- hold property of at least 10 hectares in size
- not receive the majority of your income from primary production
- be in a LGA declared as a natural disaster as part of the NSW storms and floods that occurred from 19 February 2021 onwards or from 10 March 2021 onwards
- hold an Australian business number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the disaster
- earn at least $20,000 per annum from primary production
- earn no more than $180,000 from gross off-farm income
- not have gross off farm assets exceeding $5 million (excluding superannuation)
- be able to demonstrate costs and proof of payment for clean-up activities, losses or damages from the disaster.
Applications close 28 January 2022.