Through Screen Business – Online they support your screen business to create or extend your online presence, and increase business opportunities for your company. This strand aims to support you to deliver content to global audiences and position the Victorian screen industry at the forefront of content creation, distribution and generating income online.
They assist your screen business to further develop a website, along with related technologies. This will lead to building a stronger online presence, increasing knowledge and your ability to communicate with audiences and ultimately improve your business prospects globally.
What funding is available?
- Up to $10,000 per project is available as a grant
- You are only eligible to receive funding through this strand once
- There is one round per year with deadlines available online
- You’ll need to partner with appropriately experienced online developers unless you have the required skills inhouse. We can assist you to connect with local online development companies
- You can apply for funding to develop web tools and strategies for a single project, a slate of projects or your back catalogue.
Who is eligible?
- Established film, TV or digital media companies with a strong current slate, or a back catalogue of projects
- Individuals with extensive experience with published projects
- Ownership of 100% of copyright in the proposed project, slate or back catalogue, or shared ownership and control of copyright under an approved joint venture arrangement
- A proposed partnership with online developers who have the demonstrated knowledge, resources and expertise required to complete the project
- You will need to have an existing website related to your core screen business activity
- Your application must also satifisy the eligibility criteria in Section 1.3 above and the assessment criteria listed
Funding is competitive and they look for original, marketable and quality applications that demonstrate:
- Clear benefits to your business and any projects in your current slate or back catalogue.
- Where interstate or overseas developers are proposed, that their involvement constitutes a clear benefit to the development proposed or that the required skills aren’t available locally
- The benefits for your business and how funding will assist you to reach a greater audience
- Why you and your development partner have chosen your intended path of development (such as Video On Demand,
- Search Engine Optimisation, brand monitoring, etc)
- An implementation plan outlining how you intend to maintain the proposed functionality
- Prior or matched investment in the development of online business tools or strategies
Preference is given to applications that engage local developers, and where the majority of the development work for the project will be undertaken in Victoria. They will also prioritise applications where development focuses on fundamental business online capabilities, including:
- Using SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) to capture key search terms and brands
- Using reports and analytics to determine audience preferences, location and usage
- Securing key brands on relevant social networks
- Providing the tools to enable easy sharing and distribution of content through users networks
Once these fundamentals have been implemented, you can choose to apply more advanced strategies, such as:
- Video On Demand (VOD) or streaming abilities
- Online licensing or rights deals
- Affiliation, syndication or aggregation
- Social media strategy
- Community management
- Advanced Search Engine optimisation (SEO)
- Keyword and brand tracking
- Innovative financing or distribution strategies such as crowd funding
- Mobile applications
- Light interactivity
- Extended narrative
Initial enquiries should be directed to Kate Taylor, Administrative Support Officer – [email protected]