Up to $1M is available from SeeMore Safety Program to educate pre-school and kindergarten children about safety awareness with the aim of reducing the number of preventable childhood injuries.
SeeMore Safety Program
The SeeMore Safety Program is administered by the KIDS Foundation and aims to educate pre-school and kindergarten children in preventable childhood injuries. The purpose of this Grant Opportunity is to deliver the program to 5,000 kindergartens and pre-schools in Victoria over two years from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
The objectives of the SeeMore Safety Program are to:
- Develop safety risk intelligence in pre-school and kindergarten aged children;
- Build understanding of self-safety and responsible practices in pre-school and kindergarten aged children;
- Prepare, sustain and educate pre-school and kindergarten aged children to manage safety throughout their lives; and
- Promote awareness and prevention of the physiological after-effects and possible physical complications of childhood accidents to pre-school and kindergarten aged children.
In the 2018-19 Budget, the Australian Government announced $1.0 million (GST exclusive) over 2 years (2018-19 to 2019-20) for the program. For this Grant Opportunity $1 million (GST exclusive) is available over 2 years.
The grant can be used for the following activities:
- Deliver the SeeMore Safety Program to 5,000 kindergartens and preschools across Victoria over two years from 2018-19 to 2019-20; and
- The design, production and distribution of SeeMore Safety Program materials required for this grant activity only.
Costs that the grant can be used for are:
- Production and distribution of SeeMore Safety Program materials;
- Salary and wages directly related to delivery of the SeeMore Safety Program;
- Domestic travel and accommodation expenses if required; and
- Evaluation of activities.
To be eligible to receive a grant a potential grant recipient must:
- be a legal entity, able to enter into a legally binding agreement
- have an Australian Business Number
- be a permanent resident of Australia
- have an Australian bank account
To be eligible you must be the listed organisation.
Name of Organisation: The KIDS Foundation
Rationale for Invitation:
The KIDS Foundation is invited to apply for this grant opportunity as they have been assessed to have:
- Capability to deliver the project activities
- Existing infrastructure and relationships to support the project activities
- Knowledge of and capability to deliver to the project objectives and outcomes
The KIDS Foundation has already built networks in Victoria that will be leveraged during the piloting of this project. The organisation has connections with schools and childcare centres that have sought their assistance on child safety projects, demonstrating the positive reputation the KIDS Foundation has developed. Furthermore, as the KIDS Foundation has delivered the SeeMore Safety Program to over 20,000 children, their experience, established administrative arrangements and infrastructure will facilitate efficient delivery of the project to 5,000 kindergartens and pre-schools over two years.
Applications close 17 December 2018.