What is Small Business Bushfire Recovery Package?
The Small Business Recovery Package is a grant that will help small businesses in bushfire affected communities get back on their feet. The package includes support for small businesses to recover and rebuild, address cash flow pressures, and access financial counselling and tax support.
The Commonwealth will also provide support as required to Recovery Centres that are being established by state governments in fire-impacted regions. The centres will provide a one-stop-shop for small business owners and operators to ensure they have access to immediate expert support.
The Recovery Package includes:
- Recovery grants of up to $50,000 for eligible small businesses and non-profit organisations for clean-up and reinstatement activities;
- Concessional loans of up to $500,000 for eligible small businesses (including primary producers) and non-profit organisations for restoration and replacement of assets and working capital expenses;
- A Small Business Financial Support Line staffed by specialist financial counsellors who will provide information on the assistance and support available to small businesses in bushfire affected regions;
- Local Economic Recovery Plans that will be locally developed and locally-led and will ensure the focus in each community is on the infrastructure and assets they need to rebuild; and
- Tax relief assistance for businesses in identified bushfire-impacted postcodes to alleviate cash flow pressures and assist with recovery efforts.
The grants are available for clean-up and reinstatement of assets including:
- equipment and materials to undertake clean-up;
- additional labour costs (above and beyond normal wage expenditure);
- replacing spoiled stock/goods caused by power outages;
- carting away damaged goods and material, including cost of disposal;
- payment for trades-people to conduct safety inspections;
- essential repairs to premises and internal fittings (e.g. floor covering, electrical rewiring, shelving);
- purchase or hire/lease costs for equipment essential to the immediate resumption of operations;
- leasing of temporary premises; and
- replacement of stock which is essential to the immediate resumption of operations.
The grants are available to eligible small businesses and non-profit organisations if they:
- have suffered direct damage to their premises and/or tools of trade (e.g. equipment, plant) and are responsible for the cost of repair or replacement, and
- are intending to re-establish in the community, region or sector requested, and
- were conducting business in the community, region or sector requested prior to the bushfires.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.