What is the Small Business Bushfire Support Grant?
The Small Business Bushfire Support Grant is a program to support small businesses who have experienced a significant loss of income due to the Victorian bushfires that commenced 21 November 2019.
The Victorian Small Business Bushfire Support Grant is jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian State Government under the Disaster Recovery Arrangements.
These grants are available to small businesses in the local council areas of Alpine, East Gippsland, Indigo, Mansfield, Towong, Wellington and the Rural City of Wangaratta.
The grant amount is $10,000.
Grants are provided to support eligible small businesses to recover from the bushfires and rebuild resilient businesses. This may include, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- meeting standing business costs, including utilities, salaries and rent;
- seeking financial advice to support the recovery of the business;
- adjusting the business to be viable in the changed local context following the bushfires;
- developing the business and extending business reach through marketing and communications activities; or
- improvements to make the business more resilient to future disasters.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- be a small business owner
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the eligible disaster
- have been engaged in carrying on the small business in the defined disaster area when you were affected by the eligible disaster
- have suffered a decline in revenue of 40% or more in a 3-month period, compared to the same period in the previous year, as a result of the Victorian 19/20 summer bushfires and not due to the impact of COVID-19
- be located in one of the following LGAs:
- Alpine Resorts (including Falls Creek, Mount Hotham, Mount Buller and Mount Stirling)
- East Gippsland
Grant assistance is also available to small businesses who work within the eligible disaster areas on a regular basis, provided they can demonstrate significant impact.
Applications close 31 December 2020.