Up to $10,000 is available from Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants to help businesses in their disaster recovery efforts.
Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants
Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants provide assistance to small businesses severely impacted by the North and Far North Queensland monsoonal trough to engage high-level expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence.
Small businesses are vital to Queensland’s economy through their contribution to the prosperity of the regions and job creation, which fosters more sustainable communities.
DESBT’s services and initiatives play a key role in the Queensland Government’s objectives for Our Future State: Advancing Queensland’s Priorities by supporting small business.
DESBT aims to support North Queensland’s small businesses affected by the Monsoon Trough by providing small business disaster grants to assist with recovery. The principal goals of the Program are to:
- provide access to expertise and advice to rebuild business confidence and increase resilience for the future
- promote new skills to reduce potential labour rationalisation during current and future recovery efforts
- provide funding to support building, plant and equipment repairs as a flood-proofing measure
- enhance business sustainability to minimise future effects of natural disasters
These grants are jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Queensland governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
This grant’s purpose is to provide severely impacted small businesses with access to high-level expertise and advice to rebuild business confidence and increase resilience for the future.
Funding up to $10,000 (excluding GST) is available to eligible businesses under the Program.
A single grant payment will be made directly to the business, and grant recipients will be required to submit receipts to demonstrate how grant funding was used no more than six months after an application has been approved.
Funding may be used for:
- business plan development
- business mentoring
- financial counselling
- exploring options for business sustainability
Funding may also be available for building, plant and equipment repairs for small businesses as a flood-proofing measure – specific eligibility applies.
To be eligible, you must:
- have been severely impacted by the monsoonal trough
- have fewer than 20 employees on 1 January 2019
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be solvent and not have an owner or director who is an undischarged bankrupt
Applications close 10 June 2021.