What is the Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants?
The Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants is a program that will provide small businesses impacted by the North and Far North QLD monsoon trough 2019 with funding to help them recover and rebuild business confidence.
The Small Business Disaster Recovery Grants program (the Program) will provide $3 million for up to two years for small businesses impacted by the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough (Monsoon Trough) disaster event that occurred from 25 January to 14 February 2019. This assistance will enable eligible small businesses to engage expertise to help them recover and rebuild business confidence.
Funding for building, plant and equipment repairs is available in specific circumstances.
The grant’s purpose is to provide severely impacted small businesses with access to high-level expertise and advice to rebuild business confidence and increase resilience for the future.
Funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches or an advisory service to assist with business recovery following the monsoonal trough.
A single grant payment will be made directly to the business and is to be used for:
- business plan development
- business mentoring
- financial counselling
- exploring options for business sustainability.
Funding may also be available for building, plant and equipment repairs for small businesses as a flood-proofing measure – specific eligibility applies.
To be eligible, you must:
- have been severely impacted by the monsoonal trough (see Table 1: Eligibility)
- have fewer than 20 employees on 1 January 2019
- have an active Australian business number (ABN) and be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- be solvent and not have an owner or director who is an undischarged bankrupt
Applications close 10 June 2021.