What is the Small Business Energy Saver Program?
The Small Business Energy Saver Program is an initiative to support Victorian small business owners to save on energy efficient equipment.
Through the Small Business Energy Saver Program, your small business can reduce running costs and greenhouse gas emissions.
When upgrading to more energy-efficient equipment, the program provides small businesses with a significant discount that in some cases may cover up to 100% of the full equipment and installation cost
You can upgrade heating and cooling systems, hot water systems, fridges, or freezers in your business to newer, more energy-efficient systems for little cost, reducing your energy use and lowering emissions.
Illustrative examples include:
- replacing your inefficient electric water heater with a hot water heat pump at no cost
- to upgrading your air conditioning unit with a more efficient reverse cycle air-conditioner for $700 instead of $2800.
The Small Business Energy Saver Program will deliver $5 million in discounts to small businesses across Victoria who upgrade to energy-efficient equipment.
What you get:
- savings of up to 85% of the full installation price of more efficient operating equipment
- registered Accredited Providers will identify equipment in your business that is eligible to be upgraded.
To be eligible, your small business must have:
- 1 to 19 employees (full-time equivalent)
- a commercial (non-residential) premises.
This program isn’t available for primary producers in agriculture.
If your small business operates out of rented or leased premises, you must first gain authorisation for installation activities at the premises.
A range of equipment upgrades are eligible for the discount:
- Replacing inefficient electric hot water systems.
- Replacing inefficient gas hot water systems.
- Upgrading to efficient room reverse cycle air-conditioners.
- Installing energy-efficient refrigerator display cabinets.
- Installing energy-efficient fridges and freezers.
Applications close 31 May 2022.