Up to $10,000 is available to help business owners and managers with business planning and management capability.
Small Business SuccessMap supports business owners and managers to build their business planning and management capability and to become more responsive in a changing business environment. An independent business planning specialist will work with eligible businesses to assess their strategic goals and objectives, and help them develop and implement business and workforce development plans.
Businesses participating in the program will:
- improve their business review and planning processes and identify development opportunities to foster business resilience and growth
- improve their ability to understand their performance and respond to a changing operating environment
- improve access to, and attraction to, development options that build management capability.
Specifically, businesses will have the opportunity to work with a business planning specialist to:
- undertake a strategic review of the business
- develop a business plan for the business
- develop a workforce plan for the business
- undertake business coaching
- gain access to other planning tools and templates.
To be eligible to apply for the program a business must:
- be based in Victoria
- have growth aspirations
- employ between five and 50 staff
- be financially viable
- pay a financial contribution to the cost of the program.
To participate in the program, an eligible business must commit to:
- allocating appropriate time to meet and work with the business planning specialist
- allocating time each month for the monthly coaching sessions
- allocating time for the strategic review session at the end of the program
- pay a financial contribution to the cost of the program ($1,000, exclusive of GST)
- provide the business planning specialist with relevant business performance data.
Small Business SuccessMap will be delivered by a panel of private sector business development organisations (Service Providers). These organisations will provide teams of independent and experienced business planning specialists (Specialists) to work directly with participating businesses.
The contracted Service Providers are:
- Bill Lang International
- Crowe Horwath
- Grant Thornton Australia
- Group Training Association of Victoria
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Australia
How to apply
Businesses interested in applying for the program should consider the eligibility criteria, identify what they hope to achieve and then contact their preferred Service Provider to discuss the program prior to submitting an application form.
Businesses can also contact a Victorian Government Business Development Manager to discuss their suitability for the program.
Once a business has discussed the program with a Service Provider, they are able to complete the online application form.
Applicants must ensure that all sections of the online application form are completed in full, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications for the program will only be accepted using the online form. Printed, facsimiled or posted applications will not be accepted.
All applications will be assessed against published eligibility criteria, including the ability of the business to meet the objectives of the program.