Up to $20,000 is available from Smarter Business Solutions to help businesses, Indigenous enterprises and not-for-profit organisations reduce their day to day costs.
Smarter Business Solutions
The Smarter Business Solutions program is designed to help Northern Territory business enterprises reduce their day to day operating costs. Smarter Business Solutions assistance includes free advice and grant funding incentives for Territory enterprises to adopt efficient, innovative technologies and best practices that will reduce their energy, water, waste and material costs.
The program offers different types of support including:
- advice on current efficient technologies and practices
- a walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
- grants to help pay for efficiency improvements, including the installation of off-grid / on-grid renewable energy systems
Grants available include:
- up to 50% of the cost for efficiency improvements – maximum of $20,000
- up to 20% for the installation of off-grid renewable energy systems – maximum of $20,000
- up to 10% for the installation of on-grid renewable energy systems – maximum of $10,000
Maximum funding is only available for projects that show a simple financial payback of three to five years.
Funding is only available for projects that have not started. Projects must be assessed and given grant funding approval by the department before the project starts. A project may be considered ineligible for grant funding assistance if relevant equipment or infrastructure is changed, removed or installed before being assessed by the department.
Maximum funding is only available for projects that show a simple financial payback of 3 to 5 years. Funding is subject to the program’s available grant budget.
You must be an NT business, Aboriginal enterprise or not-for-profit organisation that satisfy the following criteria:
- be physically located and actively trading in the NT for 12 months with an ABN and remitting GST
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- not be on a domestic tariff if connected to an electricity grid
- have less than 200 employees
- have not received equivalent funding from a previous similar support program
- agree to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey including a savings assessment
- accept the terms of the Buy Local Plan as identified in the agreement section of the application.
If you are a franchise or multinational business you should speak to a small business champion before you apply.
Applications open on an ongoing basis.