Up to $20,000 is available to to help NT business owners, Indigenous enterprises and not-for-profit organisations reduce their day to day costs.
The Smarter Business Solutions program offers free advice and grants to Northern Territory (NT) business owners, Indigenous enterprises and not-for-profit organisations to help reduce day-to-day energy, water and material costs.
All of the following types of support are available to eligible applicants:
- free advice on current efficient technologies and practice
- free walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
- short site survey report on potential savings opportunities
- grants up to $20,000 for the installation of eligible efficiency saving initiatives
- grants up to $10,000 for the installation of a renewable energy system
- grants up to $300 for the purchase and installation of energy monitoring equipment.
To be eligible, NT business owners, Indigenous enterprises and not-for-profit organisations must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- physically located in the NT
- actively trading in the NT for the previous 12 months – with an ABN and remitting GST
- trading business is not on a domestic electricity tariff
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- have fewer than 200 employees
- willing to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey
- business has not received an equivalent grant under a previous program.
Application is open on an ongoing basis.