What is the Sole Trader Support Fund?
The Sole Trader Support Fund is a program that will provide funding to eligible non-employing businesses to help them make it through the restricted trading conditions.
On 14 September 2020, the Victorian Government announced the $100 million Sole Trader Support Fund to provide extra support to eligible non-employing sole trader businesses to survive the impacts of continued COVID-19 shutdown restrictions. This is for non-employing sole traders across Victoria that operate from commercial premises or locations, participate in JobKeeper and operate in specific sectors.
This program specifically targets businesses in industry sectors that have been Restricted, Heavily restricted or Closed as a result of continued restrictions outlined in Victoria’s roadmap for reopening.
The Sole Trader Support Fund aims to help sole traders in affected industry sectors survive the impacts of continued COVID-19 shutdown restrictions.
Through this program, around 30,000 businesses will receive a grant of $3,000.
Grants may be used to:
- meet business costs, including utilities, salaries, or rent
- seek financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- develop the business through marketing and communications activities
- undertake any other supporting activity related to the operation of the business
To be eligible, you must:
- operate a non-employing business within Victoria
- operate from a commercial premise or location (and not a residential premises) for at least 6 months as a
- owner/occupier of a fixed commercial premise
- operator of a registered mobile food premises (e.g. food van) with a permit or commercial agreement to operate at specific location(s)
- hold a valid Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
- be a current participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper payment scheme
- operate in an eligible industry sector that has been heavily restricted or closed as a result of continued restrictions
Businesses that have received a grant under the Business Support Fund, Business Support Fund-Expansion, third round of the Business Support Fund or Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund programs are not eligible to apply.
Applications will remain open until funds are fully exhausted.