What is the Sporting Club Grants Program?
The Sporting Club Grants Program is a grant opportunity to assist active recreation and sporting clubs that incurred financial loss during the recent lockdowns in Victoria.
Victorian sport and active recreation organisations that were impacted by the recent lockdowns in Victoria can now apply for a funding lifeline courtesy of the Victorian Government’s Sporting Club Grants Program.
Grants of $2,000 for Victorian sport and active recreation organisations with a payroll of up to $3 million, to compensate for irrecoverable costs greater than $2,000 arising directly from the cancellation or postponement of events during the lockdowns from 16-27 July and 5 August – 2 September 2021.
Irrecoverable costs of more than $2,000 associated with the cancellation of events during lockdowns from 11:59pm on Thursday 15 July to 27 July 2021 and 8pm on Thursday 5 August to 2 September 2021.
- the loss of perishable goods (e.g. food or flowers) that were not used in other ways
- cancellation fees and charges that were not refunded (e.g. facility/coach/officials)
- booking cancellations that were not refunded
- other costs and losses incurred that could not be reasonably avoided and were not recovered.
The program will not fund:
- rrecoverable costs of less than $2,000
- lost event revenue (e.g. gate fees)
- loss of membership fees and sponsorship
- projected revenue
- rent and utility costs, including shire rates
- private events (e.g. birthdays, funerals, wedding)
- event related costs that were recovered through other means
- loss of anticipated venue hire, bar and kiosk revenue for events that were cancelled.
- applications that do not provide evidence for loss of expenses of $2,000 or more.
This funding is only available to organisations that are not eligible to seek funding from the Business Costs Assistance Program. Please check your eligibility.
Community organisations delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria may apply.
Active recreation organisations must be delivering an activity that is supported by a recognised State Sport and Recreation Body. A list of recognised bodies can be found on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
Sport disciplines delivered by applicants must be a person-centric physical activity. This includes modified sports and does not include animal obedience or showing. A discipline supported by another government portfolio will also not be supported (for example harness racing and ballet).
Organisations residing close to state borders should contact Sport and Recreation Victoria for guidance with applications.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be non-government, not-for-profit and registered as an incorporated body at the time of application and for the project duration. If an applicant organisation is not registered as an incorporated body, it must arrange for a legally constituted organisation to manage the grant funds.
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) OR provide a completed Australian Taxation Office Statement by a Supplier form so that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
- Be an incorporated separate legal entity that can be sued in child abuse proceedings and be appropriately insured against child abuse if the funding is for the delivery of services to children.
- Adhere to and enforce the Fair Play Code (or) their relevant state sporting association code of conduct/member protection policy, which incorporates the Fair Play Code.
- Comply with the expectations of the Victorian Anti-doping Policy 2012.
- Have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any grants previously received from Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- Be aware that it is a requirement of this grant that if an institution has been named in an application or receives a Notice of Redress Liability, they must join or intend to join the National Redress Scheme (the Scheme). For more information on the Scheme please visit the NRS website.
- have a payroll of up to $3 million
- provide evidence of loss of expenditure that totals $2,000 or more.
Applications close 16 September 2021.