Up to $750 is available to assist participants with competitive expenses and to encourage achievement and excellence in sport.
The Sports Aid Grant Program is designed to encourage high achievement and excellence in sport by financially supporting young Hume athletes with the expenses associated with attending representative level sporting events.
Hume City Council recognises the personal and financial sacrifices involved in participating in sport at an elite level. Funds are allocated each year to assist local athletes in the pursuit of their dreams on the sporting field.
The Sports Aid Grant aims to:
- provide individuals with support and encouragement that will help them to develop to their full potential within their chosen sport.
- provide financial assistance to individuals to assist with the costs associated with attending representative level sporting events
- encourage greater participation in sport by promoting positive role models to the community.
National Representation with International Travel – Maximum grant $750
- Example: An athlete representing Australia, a State Association, or Club at an endorsed international event that is a part of a recognised development pathway.
State Representation with Interstate Travel – Maximum grant $400
- Example: A member of the Victorian State under 16 Soccer Team competing at the national championships in Brisbane
Regional Representation – Maximum grant $150
- Example: Member of the Broadmeadows Broncos representative basketball team competing at a State level competition within Victoria.
In cases where several Hume residents have applied for funding for the same sport, Hume City Council reserves the right to cap total funding for that sport at $2000 for the financial year.
The Sports Aid Grant Program will fund:
- Competition and tournament entry fees.
- Travel and accommodation costs associated with event participation.
- Other costs associated with participation in the competition/tournament may be considered.
Applicants must be:
- a permanent residents of the City of Hume (evidence of residential address is required at the time of application).
- under 21 years of age at the time of application.
- received seven days prior to the event taking place. Late applications will not be considered.
- competing in a sporting event that is competitive in nature and has a set of rules and a code of conduct.
- competing in a sport that has a recognised National Sporting Organisation as assessed by the Australian Sports Commission. This includes Disability Sports Organisations.
- able to provide a letter of support verifying their selection from the relevant accredited National or State sporting association. Applications at a regional level may provide a letter from their local club. School Sport Australia and School Sport Victoria events are eligible for funding.
Applicants can apply for one category of funding per application. Athletes will be funded by Council only once in each category.
Applicants agree to supply evidence as requested by Council within 30 days following the event/competition. Evidence can be provided in the form of photos, media articles, printed results, receipts or a letter from the relevant Governing Body.
Applications are open throughout the year until allocated funding is exhausted.
- Sports Aid Grants Guidelines