Up to $100,000 is available to support projects that will grow the sport or activity, improve services and/or address barriers to inclusion.
The Sport and Recreation Development and Inclusion Program (SRDIP) will contribute to the South Australian Strategic Plan’s sport and recreation target “to increase the proportion of South Australians participating in sport or physical recreation at least once per week to 50% by 2020. Funding will also be aligned to meet the Office for Recreation and Sport’s strategic aims.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of $100,000 per year under the Sport and Recreation Development and Inclusion Program.
There will be 3 grant types:
- Projects with a statewide or regional focus
- Projects promoting inclusive recreation or inclusive sport opportunities
- Projects that deliver significant community benefit.
Eligible activities include:
- Strategic projects that improve organisational performance.
- Development of new or improved programs/pathways/events.
- Targeted support for talented athletes.
- Club development and volunteer management initiatives.
- Inclusion initiatives that embed sustainable opportunities for targeted populations.
Funding will be provided to support the delivery of sport and active recreation outcomes by the notfor-profit sector. To be eligible for funding through the Sport and Recreation Development and Inclusion Program, an organisation must be:
- a sport or active recreation organisation; or
- a non-sport or active recreation organisation when the project outcomes deliver significant benefit for sport or active recreation organisations or when the project benefits targeted populations and does not duplicate a program delivered by sport or active recreation organisations.
Organisations must also:
- be not-for-profit
- be properly constituted and incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act (1985) or have another comparable legal status
- be able to demonstrate good financial management through the provision of sound financial history/systems
- not have any Office for Recreation and Sport grant acquittals and/or reports overdue.
Applications closes 5 December 2016.
- Sport and Recreation Development and Inclusion Program Guidelines