Up to $10,000 is available for businesses in Frankston for business growth endeavours.
Frankston City is the first metropolitan Council in Melbourne (outside of the CBD) to launch a Small Business Start-Up Grants Program. Any start-up business can apply under this category. Businesses must submit a grant application no more than two months either side of entering a commercial tenancy agreement within the Frankston City boundaries. Grants will not be endorsed until evidence of a commercial tenancy agreement is submitted to Frankston City Council.
- Employment creation.
- Build a resilient economy through sustainable and diverse industries.
- Improve commercial occupancy rates.
- Develop pathways to employment through creative incubators.
- Commercial precinct activation.
- Shift perceptions about Frankston – become the preferred place to live, learn, work, visit and invest.
Small Business Grant Applicants can receive up to $10,000 in grants for business growth endeavours.
Any Start-Up business located (or looking to locate) in Frankston City can submit a grant application (required to submit a grant application no more than two months either side of entering a commercial tenancy agreement).
Start-Up business applicants must provide evidence that they have commenced trading no more than six (6) months before applying for a grant.
To ensure you are eligible to apply for the Start Up Grant of Frankston City, see if you answer yes to these criteria:
– Will your business create employment opportunities in Frankston City?
– Does your business/idea demonstrate business sustainability, innovation and a unique point of-difference?
– Can you provide evidence of access to financial capital?
– Have you completed the application form and enclosed all of the required information?
Opening date: Monday, 1 October 2012 at 9:00am
Closing date: Monday, 12 November 2012 at 5:00pm
Start-Up Grant – Frankston City Home
Small Business Grant Application Guidelines here (Adobe PDF file)
Industry Analysis (5-forces model) guiding notes (Adobe PDF file)